none
Backup/disk image ERRORS, Please Help! RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.  Thanks for viewing my post, I appreciate you!

I have very little problems with Windows 7.  However, I own Norton Save & Restore and it is not compatiable yet.
    For this reason, I elect to make an image using the Backup and Restore Center From windows 7.

I get The same Error everytime I attempt to initiate the "Setup Backup" And the "Create System Image" Commands.

The Error states: THE BACKUP APPLICATION COULD NOT START DUE TO AN INTERNAL ERROR: THE SPECIFIED SERVICES DOES NOT EXIST AS AN INSTALLED SERVICE. (0x80070424).
    Here is the Screenshot:
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2485/3761064114_19a795e606_b.jpg

Ok, So before I came here and bothered you, I obviusly attempted the troubleshooting process myself.  No Luck at all.
    I have not used the backup before on this installation so I cannot rule out that my installation may be corrupt, I have not had any signs of corruption anywhere else though.

Here is the things I have troubleshooted with:
    1.Made sure "backup" service and "wia" were started and automatically start during logon.  (there were ok, as far is I know).

2.Uninstalled all newly installed programs that I thought may possibly be interfeing.  There were:
    *Norton Internet Security 2010.
    *System Mechani version 9
    *Webroot Antispyware
    *double checked to see if Windows firewall is off. (It was)

I then did a registry clean as an attempt to restore damaged keys and such. 

I still get the error.

If anyone can help me Id appreciate it VERY much.  Even if it is just a guess.

IF NOT, Can you please refer me to an imaging service that works with 7?

Not sure if any of this info would be needed but, to save time I went ahead and took shots of my computer specs and they are listed below.
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2453/3761122626_8012e47965_b.jpg

I really appreciate you guys, even if you do not know what to suggest me =)

Have A Great Week, Eric.
    Monday, July 27, 2009 5:34 AM

Answers

• Eric -

I just took a look at the 2nd picture you posted.. Your system info seems to indicate you've got build 7600...

This forum is only available to those using Windows 7 Beta (until it expires in a few days) and build 7100 ONLY.

As such, since it hasn't been released to anyone except a few OEMs, this build is currently off limits..

The official position can be found here.
    Monday, July 27, 2009 7:21 AM

All replies

• Eric -

I just took a look at the 2nd picture you posted.. Your system info seems to indicate you've got build 7600...

This forum is only available to those using Windows 7 Beta (until it expires in a few days) and build 7100 ONLY.

As such, since it hasn't been released to anyone except a few OEMs, this build is currently off limits..

The official position can be found here.
    Monday, July 27, 2009 7:21 AM
  • I am using build 7100 and I get locked up trying to use backup. In fact the process icon is still showing "Backup in progress" in the tray even though no backup ever started. I was saving to a separate partition. In the event this is a corrupt install, what am I supposed to do? ReInstall? I am also having trouble logging into my email accounts. I use MS Outlook2002 and everytime I log in I am asked for my password, even though I have saved it. WHat gives there? Also I am prevented from following links in email and webpages. I click on a link and nothing happens. This is less of a problem since I turned off Protected Mode in IE, meaning more links work but not all. Hoping some help will come my way.
    Monday, July 27, 2009 10:04 AM
  • CompuTom -

You might want to start a fresh thread with your issue. While it may have a similar theme to the original poster, this post may be locked at any moment by the managment.
    Monday, July 27, 2009 10:39 AM