Ux Agent Config on Over 100 Servers RRS feed

• Question

• I have deployed the Ux Client Agenst on my web tiers and I need to now configure each server. I have over 100 servers in three applications so manually configuring would be a bear. Is there way, to configure one server of an application and then copy the configuration files to all the other servers then restart server/services? What files would that be if so?

Thank You

David Chicago Public Schools
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 1:28 PM

Answers

• Hi David,

if you have .NET Management Pack for SCOM 2007, that might be a bit different. For the standalone version, you can do this (assuming both server side and client side monitoring settings are supposed to be identical on those 100 servers):

- Create a "template" configuration on one server

- Copy agent configuration files from that server to the other 99(include all files and subfolders):

C:\Program Files\AVIcode\Intercept\Agent\v5.7.491\Configuration\

- Once that is done, you may need to either open an Intercept MMC console on those servers or run this VB script:

Set setupExecutor = WScript.CreateObject("InterceptScripting.Executor")

setupExecutor.Init ""

That will ensure that all registry entries are updated properly

- Finally, restart IIS

To run the script once you have copied it to the target machine, you might use this utility: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897553

(or some other tool/utility)  

Alex Shlega, APM Consulting and Tools

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 5:54 PM

All replies

• Hi David,

if you have .NET Management Pack for SCOM 2007, that might be a bit different. For the standalone version, you can do this (assuming both server side and client side monitoring settings are supposed to be identical on those 100 servers):

- Create a "template" configuration on one server

- Copy agent configuration files from that server to the other 99(include all files and subfolders):

C:\Program Files\AVIcode\Intercept\Agent\v5.7.491\Configuration\

- Once that is done, you may need to either open an Intercept MMC console on those servers or run this VB script:

Set setupExecutor = WScript.CreateObject("InterceptScripting.Executor")

setupExecutor.Init ""

That will ensure that all registry entries are updated properly

- Finally, restart IIS

To run the script once you have copied it to the target machine, you might use this utility: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897553

(or some other tool/utility)  

Alex Shlega, APM Consulting and Tools

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 5:54 PM
  • Hi, As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as "Answered". Either the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios and will be marked as answer, or this post will be marked as answer in order to close the thread. Feel free to re-open the thread if you have additional information about this specific case or to open a new thread for a new case. In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks,

Bob Cornelissen - BICTT (My Blog about SCOM) - MVP 2012 + 2013 and Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 + 2012 Recipient

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 3:58 PM