Windows 10, Version 1511 (Build 10586) Released RRS feed

All replies

• thank you! :)

Trisha

Monday, November 16, 2015 1:42 PM
  • Anthony this is great, now can Microsoft fix the LPT1 driver problem introduced by build 10586.

Parallel port has issues, printers using the LPT port do not work.

There is a work around, but it has to be applied every time the device is restarted.

Thanks.

Monday, November 16, 2015 2:04 PM
  • Where is the update for Enterprise editions?
    Monday, November 16, 2015 4:04 PM
  • When plugged into my existing Windows 10 Enterprise OSD Task, the new Windows 10 Build 1511 (10.0.10586.0) changes the OS Drive to X: from C: after the second reboot (after detecting devices and configuring Windows), something is different in this release and I do think it's an issue. I am absolutely formatting the drive in the Task Sequence and before it reboots, the OS: is Drive C:, WinPE is X: and there is no drive letter assigned to the 500MB System Partition...

Jack

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 3:25 PM
  • When plugged into my existing Windows 10 Enterprise OSD Task, the new Windows 10 Build 1511 (10.0.10586.0) changes the OS Drive to X: from C: after the second reboot (after detecting devices and configuring Windows), something is different in this release and I do think it's an issue. I am absolutely formatting the drive in the Task Sequence and before it reboots, the OS: is Drive C:, WinPE is X: and there is no drive letter assigned to the 500MB System Partition...

Jack

Seeing same behavior with the new build.  This did not occur with the previous CB and LTSB versions.
    Tuesday, November 17, 2015 8:34 PM
  • Using the OSDPreserveDriveLetter (=False) does fix this, I guess MS changed the way they make the WIM's internally now (using X: as the OS drive instead of C:). I can't really call this a bug, as that would explain it and frankly the variable was created specifically to address this situation...

Jack

• Edited by JFetter Tuesday, November 17, 2015 8:44 PM
    Tuesday, November 17, 2015 8:44 PM
  • could really use better documentation . . . searching TechNet is like trying to find muscle on dry bones - difficult to do much without better guides and documentation

Jason Yates

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 4:34 PM
  • I have just updated a few machines to build 10586 of Win 10 Pro and have encountered some odd problems.

Now only users with admin privledges can log into our domain from these machines.

If a "standard" domain user tries to login, the system signs them out straight away.

Domain adminstrators can still log in fine. I have only recently started testing Win 10 in our domain and was not sure if this issues existed before. I reverted machine back to Win 10 Pro build 10240 and the users could log in fine so issues was introduced during new build.

We are using a Windows 2012 2" domain and test machines were initially upgraded to Win 10 Pro (64 bit) build 10240 from Win 7 Pro (64 bit) and then updated to build 10586.

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 4:44 PM
  • Would be nice if MS actually told what the patch notes were, like any other NORMAL company does, the info MS gives out is a joke ..
    Friday, November 20, 2015 2:03 AM
  • I'm VERY disappointed that this "update" was forced upon me, in the background, without my knowledge!
    Not least of all because it has completely trashed my meager data allowance for the month.
    If forcing an update of over 3GB's, unannounced,  and via stealth, is 'the new black' with Windows 10, then I'll be dropping it like a hot spud.
    Please tell me that there is some setting somewhere, that will explicitly disallow this rude imposition ever again.
    It would be very much appreciated.
    Friday, November 20, 2015 11:18 AM
  • Well done... All our Windows Enterprise 1511 Systems with AppLocker are now crashing with SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION at boot.

And after the last Windows 10 update Google.com doesn't load anymore in IE and Edge.

Friday, November 20, 2015 11:29 AM
  • wow this upgrade went smooth  from 7 to 10 to a complete new 10 in from the windows update

and so far not one problem  thanks Microsoft

now if it could only ??????????????????????????

now if I could only get my 64 bit operating system back I would be in heaven

what happened to that, I lost my reinstall partition and all of its data

but 32 bit windows 10 is just fine on this machine  now I guess

• Edited by jfheff7 Tuesday, November 24, 2015 7:38 PM
    Tuesday, November 24, 2015 7:35 PM
  • After I installed the 1511 update there were several updates that followed over the following days.  My server is reporting that my PCs have not installed updates KB116097 and KB3116725 released 18th November - but there is no sign of them on the relevant PCs.  I check for updates every morning on the PCs in the office and these updates have never appeared.  How do I resolve this? p.s. they are not showing in the history either. 

Monday, November 30, 2015 6:12 AM
  • I have the same problem in several pc's, after 10586 update all lpt printers stop working, tremendous problema for point of sale systems

Mikel Garcia Cantabrana

Wednesday, December 2, 2015 9:15 AM
  • Mikelcan you can use an USB to Parallel (IEEE 1284 Centronics) Cable, It works.

Hope it helps.

Wednesday, December 2, 2015 2:20 PM
  • Under Windows Update there are advanced settings which allow you to Defer Updates.

This probably will help, but you won't get new builds for a while if you defer the individual updates.

Thursday, December 3, 2015 9:09 PM
  • Major issues with 10586 on laptop. Just wanted to report them fyi.

• At boot, Windows icon (4 blue squares) appears twice, then black screen. And long boot up. Issue posted by many on answers.microsoft.com and elsewhere. Not related to AMD driver version - new version installed with 10586 (separate update, same time) but rolled back driver and same issue. Also, others with issue have other video (e.g. Nvdia) so definitely Windows 10 issue.
    • After boot, when supposed to see press Ctrl+Alt+Del, black screen and if do Ctrl+Alt+Del still black screen - can barely (and I do mean barely and only because I am thisclose to screen) make out our domain login message. Can't make out enough to see anything I am doing. Again, not related to video driver itself, that's the path I first went down, this was the first issue with 10586. If I unplug power cord (found this out by accident) and reboot without it, still boot issue but can see screen after. If I plug power cord in after login, screen stays ok.
    • Network is on Public and shows "You are not connected to a network". I am logged into domain. Tshooter did not fix.
    • Edge does not work - shows "Hmmm, cannot show this page". IE11 works and so does Firefox. Event log shows error WAM SRAM Manager (iirc name. my pc is reverting build right now and I am using W7 pc.)  my account does not have local launch permissions for Edge. Registry permissions are correct on the  key for that DCOM (found, followed post regarding error).  Even after using Component Services DCOM Config to set Users group to have launch, reboot did not fix. (reset permissions back to default since did not fix).
    • OneNote 2010 registry key ScreenClippingShortcutKey fix for Win + S = Cortana also broke (posted about this yesterday).

Reverting to RTM via bootup Repair/Recovery now. Taking forever.

Is build 10586 the one Microsoft is using for Windows 10 download? If so, how do I get the RTM ISO - we want to test 10 but I will not roll out 10586 even to pilot testers.

And how do I prevent 10586 from reinstalling?

Joan

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 8:06 PM
  • The situation is:

yesterday I've received this update. I was glad, it asked me to have 14gb free space so it has many fixes I thought.

I plug my external storage and tried to go, but it asked to have 3 or more gb at my drive C:\

I use SSD 60gb so there is no free space there. I disabled hibernate function. It was last free space I had.

Ok. Update goes further. It reboots to a preload mode and started to update my system.

I thought that everything goes good but at about 21% of installation (second process at the bottom list)

I've got a BSOD. After reboot windows restored a previous version. That's ok but now I have only a half or

less of my empty space. I decided to try again but now it asked 4gb on my disk C:\ so I have to delete something useful. So the question is: if I delete this files and proceed update up to the end can I  hope that I'll receive some space again? Because the trouble is: I disabled hibernation and after BSOD I can't enable it again, but before BSOD I had double amount of hibernation space. May be that'll be easier to reinstall windows with a formatting?

I worry that it can be again. If my space will disappear again I won't manage to return my files.

Saturday, December 19, 2015 5:51 AM
  • I wonder, is there a very detailed level release notes what is changed or added in this build comparing to RTM?
    Saturday, December 19, 2015 9:23 AM
  • How about fixing it were it will not disable the media pack that I have to install to play black ops 3 it took me all day to reinstall windows get updates then install the game again only to find out its Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, 10586 caused the issue because it disable the media pack  that only way I get it to work is to go back to the build that it worked in !!!!
    Sunday, December 20, 2015 9:31 AM
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit build 10586 still has flaws. I had no problems with Windows 7 Ultimate. Not too keen or really wanting to use Windows 10 but before Novembers Update I did not have these errors.  Now I receive Errors at random for WHEA (indication of Hardware Driver(s) causing Windows 10 to restart - crashes, BSOD with error notice, then restart) and also error for IRQL (websites not being up to par for Windows 10 use and causes a Memory routine error that results again in crash, BSOD with error notice, then restart).  Well, good thing I used a new Hard Drive to install Win10 and don't have to worry about Re-Installing Windows 7 Ultimate.

Windows 8 and 8.1 was for the birds.  Microsoft introduced Windows 10 as free since they have Spyware and Cookies that are tracking all your moves. MS does allow you to remove what they allow you to remove but unfortunately they have imbedded (hidden) the others making you believe you don't have anything to worry about. Microsoft does not give anything away for Free, they are in business to make money.

Enjoy viewing more Advertisements, streaming video and jpeg type images while browsing the web. Note that your pc memory is being utilized "bogged down" and making your pc slower using Windows 10 any version (Home, Pro or Enterprise).  If it's free, then it is too good to be true. Always a catch and you will pay in the end.

The best days for computing was with Windows XP Pro.  Microsoft has learned very little since then but Windows 7 is still better than 8 or 10.  My first PC was an Apple IIe Professional system in 1983 (actually Commodore 64 in 1981), almost bought the IBM PC Jr. The Apple IIe I had used until 2001 or nearly 18 years. Okay many downfalls or limitations as little memory , data storage, and was using dial up. Having purchased 2 Compaq Presario desktops one in 2001 other in 2002, by May 2008 I built my own (BIY) which was easy and I am using it now to write this message/comment.

I hope MS will continue to fix their OSes.  Windows 10 could be on the verge being the next best OS since WinXP.  Good Luck!

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 1:10 AM
  • I have now tried to update using the auto download and three times it has failed.

Don't understand.

Monday, September 19, 2016 5:29 PM