none
Setting unique email address on account creation RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I'm new to MIMWAL and just successfully installed, but am having some trouble with my first workflow. I tried following the examples I see but something is still off, likely something I'm just missing. I need to create a unique email address for these users as they come in from a CSV. I have everything working fine on the import and export to AD, but the email address won't create. Most examples I see are to create unique account names, which I already have an easy format for. It's worth noting that in our environment, email address and UPN are not the same value. The format for email addresses is to be first.last@domain, if taken first.middleinitial.last, etc...

Here's what I'm trying to use:

Target for generated value - [//WorkflowData/Email]

Conflict filter - /Person[Email = '[//Value]']

Query LDAP for Conflicts - yes

Directory path - LDAP://DC=contoso,DC=test

LDAP filter - (objectClass=user)(objectCategory=person)(Email=[//Value]))

Value Expressions:

NormalizeString([//Target/FirstName] + "." + [//Target/LastName]) + "@contoso.com"

NormalizeString([//Target/FirstName] + "." + [//Target/MiddleInitial] + "." + [//Target/LastName]) + "@contoso.com"

NormalizeString([//Target/FirstName] + "_" + [//Target/LastName]) + "@contoso.com" + [//UniquenessKey]

Not only is this not adding an email address, I don't see anything happening. I see nothing in the WAL logs in event viewer and am not certain how to see whether or not it's trying to process the workflow or whether or not it's failing. I have the workflow assigned to the same MPR as my other workflow for adding users to AD from the CSV file. Any thoughts?

Any assistance or direction pointing would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Monday, November 25, 2019 3:28 PM

All replies

• It the target for generated value is //WorkflowData/Email, the email will only get written to WokflowData variable and not on //Target.
    Monday, November 25, 2019 8:31 PM
    Owner
  • Thank you for the response. Are you suggesting to get it on the target I use [//Target/Email]?
    Monday, November 25, 2019 8:51 PM
  • Yes.

Did my post help? Please use "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

Monday, December 9, 2019 1:43 PM