none
Outlook is pending RRS feed

• Question

• My Nokia 950 rebooted and now have problems with Outlook which had two tiles on the front screen. The first was my work account the second my private.

When I go to the apps menu Outlook is greyed and says "Pending".

If I tap on that greyed entry I get to Outlook and my two mail accounts are still sending/receiving emails and updating and I can access everything as per normal.

Also if I go to the front screen and tap the greyed down square for my private account, again I go to the normal Outlook screen.

My work account square I accidentally unpinned and I can't find a way of getting it back.

I hope that this is a simple thing to fix as although Microsoft have abandoned their Windows mobile clients I still prefer the operating system and the Nokia phone to the Android and IOS offerings.

Thanks in advance for any assistance - Terry

• Edited by terryjd Thursday, August 1, 2019 2:00 PM
    Thursday, August 1, 2019 1:59 PM

All replies

• An update:

I have powered down and made a cup of tea and then found that it was at the "repair SD card yes/no" screen and I said no and it went to the top screen.

Outlook in the list of apps has gone back to normal, but pin to start is grey still.I shall make another cup of tea later.

Thursday, August 1, 2019 4:11 PM
  • Second update:

Bit by bit all of the icons (that are still available) came back and the phone is functional.

The biggest problem was Microsoft dropping Authenticator without giving a chance to retrieve the accounts that were using it. Nice on Microsoft. SO my 950 works again and I am happy.

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 12:16 PM
  • Read the following article https://www.recoveryfix.com/blog/resolve-outlook-2016-search-greyed-out-error/ and know easy guideline on how to resolve Outlook is pending issues.
    Tuesday, September 10, 2019 1:14 PM