none
Canon MX850 Scanner drivers RRS feed

• Question

• Windows7 RC scanner problem: I have a Canon MX850 attached via USB and it prints fine, but I get the error message "The scanner driver supported by this software is not installed" when I try to scan using Canon's MP Navigator EX 1.1 software. Has anyone resolved this problem?
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 4:44 PM

Answers

• Download the Vista drivers for the printer and the mp*.* files. Install the printer driver via USB and then the mp program. I can print using the win 7 driver. I connect USB to scan. Not perfect but works.

Frank
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 11:37 AM

All replies

• When you go to the Devices and Printers dialog, double click your printer, and select scan, does that work?  I didn't have to install any extra software to get scanning to work with my printer.

-Nick
    Friday, May 29, 2009 9:11 PM
  • I am having the same problem with W7 and the Canon scanner. I tried to double lcik the printer (which works) but found no way to select scan. I get the same error message about the drivers not bein gloaded, but device manager shows the scanner and drivers loaded. Any ideas? Intel duo core quad 2.66, 8 gb ram, w7 7100 Thanks
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 5:26 PM
  • Download the Vista drivers for the printer and the mp*.* files. Install the printer driver via USB and then the mp program. I can print using the win 7 driver. I connect USB to scan. Not perfect but works.

Frank
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 11:37 AM
  • Hi :
    I had the same problem after I had upgraded from Vista 32bit to Windows 7 64bit.
    Note that my Canon mMX850 had installed automatically when I had installed the Win 7 64bit upgrade and was printing ok.
    However when I tried to install the Canon programs from the canon website I was unable to run several of the programs for a variety of errors

canon easy photo = "printer cannot execute because a printer supported by this software is not installed ..."
    MP Navigator = "the scanner driver supported by this software is not installed ..."
    etc

Also I tried to install the Win 7 64bit driver for the MX850 with no luck and following error= "printer driver is currently in use. If you are..."

Eventually got around this by doing the following.

Go to Control panel
    Selected "hardware and Sound"
    Selected "devices and Printers"

Right click on the various Canon printer devices and click  on "remove device"

did this for the Canon MX850 printer, the scanner and fax

Then disconnected the canon from the computer

Then downloaded and  installed the driver from canon website (for Win7 64 bit it was mx850swin64101ej)

This time it installed without error messages.

Then re-connected the Canon Pixma MX850. 
    Win 7 installed this ok

All other software then ran ok.

good luck

Saturday, January 30, 2010 11:43 PM
  • For those who still have this problem:

If you downloaded the scanner driver while the printer was connected to your computer via usb cable, then you need to remove the usb and put it back in for the driver to be installed :) Took me forever to figure it out, but works like a dream now!
    • Proposed as answer by EricLeBouffon Tuesday, October 27, 2015 10:14 PM
    Tuesday, April 10, 2012 6:42 PM