none
janus winforms control suite v3 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to install Janus WinForms Controls Suite Version 3.5.131.0 on Windows 7 and I keep getting an error:

The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2869. The arguments are: ErrorDialog, ,

Error 1001.

=== Logging stopped: 9/9/2016  13:33:25 ===

I've already tried running as admin

Any ideas on how I can install this?

• Moved by Kevin Linq Monday, September 12, 2016 10:23 AM
    Friday, September 9, 2016 8:13 PM

All replies

• Hello, have you asked in their forums?

http://www.janusys.com/

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

• Proposed as answer by Cor Ligthert Sunday, September 11, 2016 4:38 PM
    Friday, September 9, 2016 10:28 PM
  • You will need to complete an 'administrative install' in order to complete the installation process. 

Try http://www.jprog.com/wiki/How-do-I-resolve-Error-Code-2869-during-a-Windows-Vista-installation.ashx[^].

My Technet Articles

If you like this or another reply, vote it up!
    If you think this or another reply answers the original question, mark it or propose it as an answer.

Mauricio Feijo
    www.mauriciofeijo.com

• Proposed as answer by Mauricio Feijo Sunday, September 11, 2016 4:44 PM
    Saturday, September 10, 2016 12:43 AM
  • I solved this issue. It was actually really simple. Before running the msiexec, at the command prompt change the directory to where your .msi file resides. Then just run the msiexec.

msiexec I/ YourMSIFile.msi

Sunday, September 11, 2016 2:29 PM
  • Hi  rcapano64 :

Thank you for posting here.

>>I am trying to install Janus WinForms Controls Suite Version 3.5.131.0 on Windows 7

Since your issue is related to control from third party , we may not reproduce your issue .

Because your have solved your problem ,You could mark your reply as answer to close the thread . 

The Visual C# forum discuss and ask questions about the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools.

If you have some grammar or code errors, please feel free to contact us. We will try our best to give you a solution.

If you have anything else regarding C# programming , please feel free to let me know . 

Best Regards,

Kevin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, September 12, 2016 7:34 AM
  • This can be installed using command prompt in administrative mode.

1. Goto run\type cmd\right click to select 'run as admin.'

2. cd to file location and run the executable.

I was facing the same issue and searched many stuffs over the net but non of those worked for me. Finally I did this trick and it worked as magic.

Thanks!

Friday, June 9, 2017 5:09 AM
  • Kevin,

As you state you resolved your issue can you mark a reply as answer to close the thread? It could be your own post where you explain your solution, if you believe no other post helped you resolve it. Or you can mark more then one post as answers if you believe they helped you in the right direction.

Thanks.

My Technet Articles

If you like this or another reply, vote it up!
    If you think this or another reply answers the original question, mark it or propose it as an answer.

Mauricio Feijo
    www.mauriciofeijo.com

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 3:07 PM
  • I had the exact same error 2869.  Tried all the run as admin stuff. With no success.
    In my case my predecessor gave me a serial number that had too many entries.
    Once I entered the correct serial number, the installer worked.

This was to a windows 10 PC.

Janus just wanted hackers to chase their tails. Not very nice to customers who forget or are taking the reins from someone else.
    Would have saved me hours of effort to simply know the serial number was incorrect.

I don't have a high opinion of their controls either.

Monday, August 3, 2020 9:17 PM