none
System administrative tools on Start Menu RRS feed

• Question

• In the options for Customizing the Start Menu in Windows 7, there is a radio button for "System administrative tools" labeled "Don't Display".  In Vista and XP the effect of this was to hide the Administrative Tools folder in the All Programs menu.  That no longer happens, is there a reason for this? 

I can add Adminitrative Tools to the Start Menu column down the right side by clicking "Display on the All Programs  menu and the Start menu" and remove it from that postion by using one of the other radio buttons.  What I don't seem able to do is hide the folder in the All Programs menu, something I would like to do for a Guest account I maintain?

Thanks in advance

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 9:12 PM

Answers

• For some reason it's just there in the All Users start menu. You can right-click on it in the start menu and select "Open All Users". From there you can move/delete/whatever you want with it.
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 9:26 PM

All replies

• For some reason it's just there in the All Users start menu. You can right-click on it in the start menu and select "Open All Users". From there you can move/delete/whatever you want with it.
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 9:26 PM
  • I hadn't tried that simply because it has been a protected folder in the past, not deleteable, as are a number of Start menu folders.  I'm not sure I do want to delete it, I suppose my question is, if the option is there why doesn't it work? I have been assuming that this is one of the reasons it is called "beta" but I thought to ask the question just in case.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 9:34 PM