none
Windows 10 keyboard lag RRS feed

• Question

•  Since upgrading to Windows 10 from 8.1 my keyboard is getting terrible lag regularly, not all the time but regularly, e.g. especially when entering into a search engine. I have a logitech K260 wirless keyboard. Mouse is OK.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks

Monday, September 7, 2015 6:31 AM

Answers

All replies

• Does the lag only happen in a browser?  If so chances are it is a browser add-on.  Care to be more specific?

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Monday, September 7, 2015 10:29 AM
  •  Similar issue has been raised in Logitech's Forum:

mouse & keyboard lag in windows 10

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Mice-and-Pointing-Devices/mouse-amp-keyboard-lag-in-windows-10/td-p/1427163?nobounce

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

Tuesday, September 8, 2015 12:39 AM
  • From what you describe, this issue is specific to Windows 10 and would be better suited to the Windows 10 forums. It will be moved to the Windows 10 forums.

Brandon
    Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro
    Windows for IT Pros at TechNet

Monday, October 12, 2015 2:59 PM
  • This happens to me regularly on a laptop and in Edge as well as other browsers. It actually showed up before my migration and was occurring in Windows 8.1. My keyboard is a Lenovo G410 internal laptop keyboard. It's extremely annoying and I won't accept pawning this off as a hardware isssue--all drivers are up to date and the keyboard is not that old and the issue is intermittent and the sticky keys still register--it's just that the GUI seems to not be responding to the keyboard input. It appears to be some process or other in windows is causing the lag time. Only some of the keys are affected but it randomly affects different rows--ASDF and JKL, then later qwert yuiop; for the most part, but the shift key also lags.

• Edited by TimWeitzel Thursday, May 12, 2016 9:39 PM
    Wednesday, May 11, 2016 5:02 PM
  • Not just a Logitech issue.

Thursday, May 12, 2016 9:44 PM
  • All applications, even Office.
    Thursday, May 12, 2016 9:45 PM
  • This is the WIN 10 forum. No Answers?
    Thursday, May 12, 2016 9:47 PM
  • Dear Microsoft team,
    I would like to inform you the windows 10 already have found the Shan keyboard (Symbol), but just only Burmese tying. We are having some difficulties for our Shan language on it. 
    Therefore, in windows 10 keyboards just only the name of Shan, but the language is in Burmese. We all Shan people need your team to support and creating for us with Shan Keyboard and Shan language the correction with both of them.
    If you need information from us, Please, let us know we are looking forward to hearing from you.
    Thanks
    With Regard

View keyboard link

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/getfile/1221427

https://ibb.co/gQJjpR

Thursday, February 1, 2018 11:45 AM
  • So basically Microsoft wants to push this off to Logitech rather than answer the damn question. TYPICAL of Microsoft. F*ck all if I know why we haven't broken up this damned behemoth of a company already... Quit rolling out upgrades that screw up our existing computers --- and QUIT PUSHING the <g class="gr_ gr_298 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del" data-gr-id="298" id="298">damn</g> upgrades. Just tell us when they are available, what their intended purpose is and we'll decide if we want to roll the dice and take the chance that you're going to f* <g class="gr_ gr_696 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="696" id="696">up</g> our machines yet again.
    Sunday, May 19, 2019 3:41 AM