Display won't turn off RRS feed

• Question

• I have used both versions Beta and RC1 of Windows 7. When I used the beta version, even though I set my display to turn of after a certain number of minutes, Windows would turn it off just for a second and then turn it on again. I thought this error would be solved in Windows 7 RC1, but I'm using it and I still have this problem.

The computer goes perfectly into sleep mode, it's just the screen that won't turn off.

Does anyone know what might be happening?
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 9:17 PM

All replies

• Did you find an answer I have the same problem.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 4:34 AM
  • I am stuck with the same problem on an MSI Wind U100 /GMA 950. It was perfectly fine in the beta - RC introduced the bug and its made its way into the RTM :(
    Does the same whether its only mains/battery and i have disable all power saving features in the video driver, tried different drivers across the system, different power policies etc. XP on the same system just works with it fine without any special configuration.

With it set to 1 min off time, i can watch it retry the action every single minute too as if something is forcing it out of sleep. I have nothing installed besides MSIs w7 drivers/newer ones direct from the vendors.
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 10:10 PM
  • For whatever reason (readme gave no indication) flashing the mobo to the current BIOS now makes it function correctly!
    • Proposed as answer by lumpeh Monday, October 26, 2009 7:44 PM
    Monday, October 26, 2009 7:44 PM