none
run admin system problem RRS feed

• Question

• hey....i have a problem with my windows 7..i cant seem to run a program as an administrator...it says cannot locate file type correct name but when i check file location i find it at system 32....pls help,,,
    Wednesday, March 28, 2018 7:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Godwin,

Please try booting into safe mode through Advanced Startup Settings, then open the command prompt and run :

sfc /scannow

Regards

Simon

If you find that my post has answered your question, please mark it as the answer. If you find my post to be helpful in anyway, please click vote as helpful. Regards Simon Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 9:35 PM
  • Hi Godwin Kellz,
    What program? Could you provide file name with full path?
    Regards,

Ashidacchi -- http://hokusosha.com/

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 11:50 PM
  • Hi,

Could you give more information about this issue?

What’s the program?

And you could also create shortcut that could run the program as administrator directly to see if it can work. Here are steps.

1. Make sure the administrator account is enabled.

2. Right click the desktop to create a shortcut.

3. Enter the command:

runas /user:ComputerName\Administrator /savecred “C:\Path\To\Program.exe“

Example:

runas.exe /user:Laptop\Administrator /savecred "C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"

4. Customize the shortcut.

5. The first time you double-click your shortcut, you’ll be prompted to enter the Administrator account’s password. This password will be saved – the next time you double-click the shortcut, the application will launch as Administrator without asking you for a password.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Vera Hu Friday, March 30, 2018 9:53 AM
    Thursday, March 29, 2018 8:03 AM
  •  

Hi, 

How’s everything going? Please feel free to give me any update.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 3, 2018 7:30 AM