none
Server 2008 R2 PrintService gaps in processing prints RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to trace a problem we're having with network printing.  Serveral documents will be sent to a network printer, and mid way through the print, it will stall.  The spooler is running, but nothing is being sent to the printer.  I checked the event viewer and notice that there is a gap between Event IDs 801 Print Diagnostics, and 842 Isolating Printer Drivers and Other Plugins.  It's a minute between them.  These pauses are seemingly random and do not occur all the time.  But it's consistently inconsistent.

We have a total of 7 network printers (all the same model) running on print servers on separate Win2k8 R2 servers.  2 queues have this issue, and 5 queues do not.  Swapping network cables didn't fix, and the same print job was sent to another queue and it printed without pausing. 

So I'm wondering how I get more information to know what is going on during that minute?  Assuming for the 801 ID.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 1:52 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You'll reach more experts in the dedicated Print forum over here:

Windows Server > Print/Fax

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 2:01 PM
  • Thank you! 

I'll just have to figure out how to move it first (exploding head emoji)

Not really a forum guy...obviously

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 4:27 PM
  • HI
    1“Serveral documents will be sent to a network printer, and mid way through the print, it will stall.”
    2.what's the issue printers model ?
    3.If you print "test page" on client computer to problematical printer ,will there be the same issue symptom(mid way through the print, it will stall) ?
    4."We have a total of 7 network printers (all the same model) running on print servers on separate Win2k8 R2 servers.2 queues have this issue, and 5 queues do not.  "
    do you mean there are 7 w2008r2 printers in 7 different network segment and each printer has installed the same model printer ?
    are all printer servers in the same AD domain?
    5." mid way through the print, it will stall."
    do you mean you don's see printer job paper output from the printer ?
    or do you mean your printer job stuck in print server printer queue or client printer queue?
    6."the same print job was sent to another queue and it printed without pausing"
    did you mean you use the same client computer to print the same document through issue printer and normal printer respectively ? 
    7.if we printer the same issue document on problematical printer server locally,will the same problem happen on printer server?
    8."
    I'm wondering how I get more information to know what is going on during that minute?"
    we can try to check which step the print job stop 
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/print/introduction-to-print-providers?redirectedfrom=MSDN

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 21, 2019 6:19 AM
  • HI
    Is there any progress on your question?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 10:00 AM
  • HI
    Is there anything to help you?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Friday, November 29, 2019 8:23 AM