none
Error message 29-00000026: Reached the end of the file. Can anybody provide info?

Question

• We have a virtual application that has been in our environment (no streaming -- download & execute) for several months. One user in particular had been using it successfully without issues and randomly starting receiving this error message when he tried to run the application. I'm having a lot of trouble finding any information on this error message in the context of App-V.

Does anybody have any information about this error and/or has anybody seen it before?

Thanks.

The Application Virtualization Client could not launch [application].

Reached the end of the file.

Error code: 4615186-00000729-00000026

Monday, January 23, 2012 8:54 PM

Answers

• I had the same error code on one of our clients, and I think what solved it was this command (run as admin), which removes all apps and cache from PC:

sftmime.exe remove obj:app /global /complete

then restart the PC.

The App-V cache file (in %ProgramData%\Microsoft...) was 3.something GB. Not sure what why the error actually occured though. (46179595-00000729-00000026)

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 8:35 AM

All replies

• What's the size of the package's .PKG file for the user?

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, January 23, 2012 9:41 PM
  • Hello,

Module 29 (last two bits of the middle part) relates to the file-system driver. I haven't seen the error code 26 (last part) and can't really say what it relates to - however, one part of your filesystem could be hitting the maximum limits. It is most likely that the PKG-file is this part, as the cache-file really has no limit or extremely high, whereas a PKG could potentially hit the limit at either 120mb or 2gb (depending on your version).

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 5:24 AM
  • I had the same error code on one of our clients, and I think what solved it was this command (run as admin), which removes all apps and cache from PC:

then restart the PC.

The App-V cache file (in %ProgramData%\Microsoft...) was 3.something GB. Not sure what why the error actually occured though. (46179595-00000729-00000026)

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 8:35 AM
  • Hi,

do not know if it worked this solution to "brian.c.smith", I have had the same problem today and applying the solution proposed by pisboi2:

I have been solved my problem for:

The Application Virtualization Client could not launch [application].

Reached the end of the file.

Error code: 4615186-00000729-00000026

Thanks

Friday, June 22, 2012 9:39 AM