none
App-V Post Application Upgrade Error 29-0000001F

Question

• Hello. I am experiencing an odd error when applying an upgrade. This has happened with every application I have upgraded since we moved to an App-V 4.6 client with a Softgrid 4.2 server (the server upgrade is pending).

I will sequence an upgrade as per normal using the 4.2 sequencer, copy the files to the content share and then add the package as per normal via a MMC. However when I then launch the upgraded app on a client PC, I receive the following error on the client:

The Application Virtualization Client could not launch FileZilla FTP Client 3.3.4.1.

A device attached to the system is not functioning.

Error code: 4604EE8-00000729-0000001F

If you close the error and then launch the application again, everything works as expected and you receive teh upgraded version.

I have googled for the code 29-0000001F but found nothing. Whilst this doesn't "break" anything, it does not look professional! Any ideas?

Rash.

Monday, January 17, 2011 12:19 PM

Answers

• Hi, I have managed ot work this out through trial and error.

I was sequencing the in place upgrade on a 4.2.2 Sequencer yet the live environment was running the APP-V 4.6 client.

I recently upgraded my sequencing baseline VM to APP-V 4.6 SP1, and after perofrming an in place upgrade today, the upgraded app streamed without error.

So, root cause was an incompatibility between the 4.2.2 sequencer and the APP-V 4.6 client.

• Marked as answer by Rashmika Wednesday, April 13, 2011 11:04 AM
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 11:04 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Is the application pre-cached?
    /Znack
    Monday, January 17, 2011 6:46 PM
  • Hello! No, no pre-caching.

Rash.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 2:34 PM
  • Hi Rash,

Did you find anything in the SFTlog or the eventlog other than this error?

Bibhash Nag
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 5:10 PM
  • Hello there. Nothing at all! Just the usual client startup messages. No errors or any other warnings.

Rash.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 12:25 PM
  • Hi, I have managed ot work this out through trial and error.

I was sequencing the in place upgrade on a 4.2.2 Sequencer yet the live environment was running the APP-V 4.6 client.

I recently upgraded my sequencing baseline VM to APP-V 4.6 SP1, and after perofrming an in place upgrade today, the upgraded app streamed without error.

So, root cause was an incompatibility between the 4.2.2 sequencer and the APP-V 4.6 client.

• Marked as answer by Rashmika Wednesday, April 13, 2011 11:04 AM
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 11:04 AM