none
Sequencing Office 2010 OSPPSVC error

Question

• I am having an issue with Sequencing Office 2010 on 4.5 SPII, on Win7 x86 with Office 2007 (the build) or without Office 2007

Basically I have followed all the prescriptive advice of the MS method and checked your approach also, but I can consistently fail to Sequence Office with a regular error message as shown below

Service "Office software Protection Platform" (osppsvc) failed to start. Verfiy that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.

This will happen with UAC switched on, or off. Performed via MAK or KMS installtion, this error is consistent. The fix should also be simple enough, but as yet I havent worked it out.

I would be very grateful any tips at all. Thanks.

Cenzo

Monday, September 27, 2010 4:24 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi

When are you getting this error, while on sequencing application launch or launcing office 2010 on

clients?

For 1st case see  this article,

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2401987

make sure that you have  installed Office 2010 deployment kit for App-V on sequencer and client machines.

for me I tested it successfully with installing it  a MAK key using the following command,

--> example: msiexec /i OffVirt.msi  PIDKEYS=qw32w-weqw32-ewe3t-rewr4-rew3d USEROPERATIONS=1

Monday, September 27, 2010 6:28 AM
  • Thanks for that. Case 1.

I had come accross that link and I had thought about permissions, i have granted Netowork services the folder permission as described, Add the domain account local Admin users, used local Admin to exceute the install etc etc..

I am still getting this error. I think we are on the right lines, with permissions being core but still have not got around it.

Any other ideas..?

Thanks Cenzo

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 2:26 AM
  • Hi Cenzo,

have you tried restaring the sequencer machine/  the service,osppsvc?

You can try,

.Sequencing using XP sp3 machine   or    Try another fresh windows7 VM/normal desktop

Read this document,  from page 6-11  you will get the best practices for sequencing .

http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/7/8/f784a197-73be-48ff-83da-4102c05a6d44/App-45_Sequencing_Guide_Final.docx

Wednesday, October 06, 2010 4:39 AM