none
Error when importing applications

Question

• I have sequenced MS Communicator and trying to import the application in the management console.  I receive the following error message at the end of the wizard.

Unexpected error occurred. Unable to create the new application. Please report the following error code to your system administrator. Error Code: 0000B003

This is the first time I am importing an app.  Any suggestions on what may cause this to fail?  I have googled the error code and KB929944 is not the fix for this problem.

Thanks

Monday, September 12, 2011 9:32 PM

Answers

All replies

• Does the same thing happen if you import a different package?

What is recorded in the SFTMMC.LOG file? Do you have access to the Content share and can you connect to the SQL database OK?

What version of the Sequencer and the App-V Management Server are you using?

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.
    Monday, September 12, 2011 10:28 PM
  • 1.  Yes the same error code is displayed when trying to import any apps.

2.  Yes I have access to the content shared with the correct permissions, and yes I can connect to the SQL database successfully.

3.  The version of the sequencer is 4.6 sp1 and the App-V Management Server is 4.5

Below is the most current sftmmc.log from today when I tried to import an app.

9/13/2011 11:54:08 AM http://servername/
    ManagementConsole.MCException: No data exists for the row/column. ---> SoftGrid.Management.GetApplicationFailedException: No data exists for the row/column. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: No data exists for the row/column.
       at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataReader.DoValueCheck(Int32 ordinal)
       at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataReader.GetColumnBinding(Int32 ordinal)
       at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataReader.GetValue(Int32 ordinal)
       at SoftGrid.Management.DataAccess.Packages.GetPrimaryKey(Guid package_guid, Int32& package_id)
       at SoftGrid.Management.Packages.GetFromGUID(Guid packageGuidIn)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Server stack trace:
       at SoftGrid.Management.Packages.GetFromGUID(Guid packageGuidIn)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
       at SoftGrid.Management.IPackages.GetFromGUID(Guid packageGUIDIn)
       at ManagementConsole.ManagementSession.GetManagedPackageFromGUID(Guid packageGUID)

9/13/2011 11:54:18 AM http://servername/
    ManagementConsole.MCException: Maximum stored procedure, function, trigger, or view nesting level exceeded (limit 32). ---> SoftGrid.Management.AddApplicationFailedException: Maximum stored procedure, function, trigger, or view nesting level exceeded (limit 32). ---> System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Maximum stored procedure, function, trigger, or view nesting level exceeded (limit 32).
       at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteReaderInternal(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)
       at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
       at SoftGrid.Management.DataAccess.ApplicationsBase.Add(ApplicationsData data)
       at SoftGrid.Management.Applications.Add(ManagedApp app)

Server stack trace:
       at SoftGrid.Management.Applications.Add(ManagedApp app)
       at SoftGrid.Management.Applications.AddApp(ManagedApp app)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
       at SoftGrid.Management.IApplicationGroups.AddApp(ManagedApp app)
       at ManagementConsole.ManagementSession.AddManagedApp(ManagedApp app)

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 5:10 PM
  • Hello,

Your database seems to not be setup properly - have you tried wiping it and reinstalling the server to have one setup again?

/Znack
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 6:14 PM
  • Hi Znack,

Yes it seems that the database connection is not functioning correctly.  I have uninstalled the APP-V Management Server and re-installed....Bingo!  Now I am able to import apps.

Thanks

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 9:05 PM