none
SoftGrid Client error code (0000041E)

Question

• I asked this question at the bottom of a thread that was marked as complete so I don't know if anyone saw my request - here it comes again.

I just came across this error (0000041E) on a WinXP SP2 SoftGrid 4.2.2.15 standalone-enabled client system with a 4.2.2.15 sequenced, MSI-packaged application. After the application launched, the blue bar above the icon tray remains on, where it displays Launching <application name> (100%). The application does open & the user is actively using it, but at exactly 10 minutes after the program was launched, it forcibly closes & the user receives a Launch Failed message above the icon tray.

I would think it would be a sequencing issue where I would need something changed according to the KB, but the same package ports / runs on a Vista SoftGrid 4.2.2.15 standalone-enabled client system with absolutely no problems.  Hmmmm....

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 11:24 AM

Answers

• Have you tried setting the subsystem to console in the ODS ?

Code Snippet

<VM VALUE="Win32">
    <SUBSYSTEM VALUE="console"/>
    </VM>

It could also be a service that can't start up right for some reason. Look in the sftlog.txt for more details as to what's happening.
    Tuesday, May 27, 2008 2:00 PM

All replies

• Have you tried setting the subsystem to console in the ODS ?

Code Snippet

<VM VALUE="Win32">
    <SUBSYSTEM VALUE="console"/>
    </VM>

It could also be a service that can't start up right for some reason. Look in the sftlog.txt for more details as to what's happening.
    Tuesday, May 27, 2008 2:00 PM
  • That worked! I don't understand why, but should I care? If an app installs with "windows" as its SUBSYSTEM VALUE, why would I need to change it manually?  Hmmm...

I only tested it with WinXP - the current customer environment - but that's where it was having problems. I haven't tested this on a Vista system, but it did work there the first time without the change.  I'll report back if there is a problem.

Thanks again.

Monday, June 02, 2008 9:41 AM