none
SAP 7.2 and Bex Analyzer

Question

• Guys,

I am working on a package for SAP 7.2. I can't get Bex Analyzer to work and in all honesty, I don't know enough about SAP to figure out where to start troubleshooting this. In the local installation of SAP 7.1, we click on a link in our intranet and it pulls up the analyzer window along with excel. On the virtualized 7.2 package, i click on the link and on the taskbar i see "loading." However, after a 20 seconds it just says shutdown/closed.

Anyone have any ideas of where to start? 

I appreciate any input or advice.

thanks

Thursday, May 19, 2011 2:58 AM

Answers

• I just recently sequenced SAP 7.2 (update6) with Bex Analyzer. I am not sure how your environment is for SAP, but my SAP requirements were to be able to use Bex Analyzer and Opent Text Image Viewer which is required to view documents within our SAP solution. Some of the instructions I followed were based on the 7.10 recipe so you would see some of the notes in my recipe also.

Here are my setups and sequencing steps which I hope will help you guys.

Sequencing Machine: Windows XP with SP3 with App-V 4.6 SP1

Sequence Machine Preparation:

1. Create Directories in Q:\

• Q:\<suite name>\SAP\FrontEnd
    • Q:\<suite name>\SAP\Business Explorer
    • Q:\<suite name>\SAP\Common Files
    • Q:\<suite name>\SAP\Java
    • Q:\<suite name>\SAP\Excel
    • Q:\<suite name>\SAP\OViewer

2. Copy all installation media locally to your sequencing machine

• Java installation (I userd Java 6u26)
    • MS Office 2007 (Office 2007 seems to be the only version I was able to get working with BexAnalyzer)
    • .Net 1.1
    • .Net 2.0 with SP1
    • OpenText Viewer

3. Start Sequencing

4. Install .Net 1.1

5. Install .Net 2.0 with SP1 (ignore SFT Sequencer pop up)

6. Install Java to Q:\<suite name>\SAP\Java

7. Install Excel 2007 and only Visual Basic for Office Tools located under Shared Features to Q:\<suite name>\SAP\Excel

8. Install SAP GUI with SAPGui and Business Explorer Options

• Change the first target directory for SAP GUI for Windows to Q:\<suite name>\SAP\FrontEnd
    • Change the second target directory for Business Explorer to Q:\<suite name>\SAP\Business Explorer

9. Run installation for Update 6

10. Move (not copy) the following files from C:\Windows\System32 to Q:\<suite name>\SAP\Common Files

• icuin34.dll
    • librfc32.dll
    • libsapul16v90.dll
    • SAPbtmp.dll

11. Copy working saplogon.ini file to Q:\<suite name>\SAP (We only have 1 master saplogon.ini file so this is why I did this step)

12. From Control Panel, add Q:\<suite name>\SAP\Common Files to the Path environmental variable

13. Add a new environmental variable and call it SAPLOGON_INI_FILE with a value of Q:\<suite name>\SAP\saplogon.in (In SAP 7.20, the saplogon variable is changed from a fixed location to the user's profile location. This step allows you to specify a fixed location as with version 7.10)

14. Browse to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc to the System file and add the SAP system variables and save. (This may not be your requirements for SAP)

15. Install Open Text viewer to Q:\<suite name>\SAP\OViewer (This is my requirements and may not necessarily be yours)

16. Stop Monitoring

17. Copy C:\Program Files\Common Files\SAP Shared to Q:\<suite name>\SAP\Common Files\

18. Customize the Saplogon shortcut to go to Q:\<suite name>\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPGui\saplogon.exe

These are my steps that I have done many times to get it to where all of my application integrations seems to work with SAP 7.20. Again some of the steps may not be needed for your environment.

Hope this helps.

-Chone

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 3:51 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Set the TERMINATE CHILDREN in the OSD_editor to FALSE 
    /Znack
    • Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, May 24, 2011 6:22 AM
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 4:54 AM
  • hi znack - thank you for the reply. The SAP gui package has about 28 OSD Files. Do I just try and make an educated guess which OSD files I set this on?

For example - I believe it calls the SAP Gui first, then SAP logon and quite possibly the BEXAddin.

Would I set it on all 3?

thanks!

-Roy

Thursday, May 19, 2011 12:45 PM
  • Hello,

Yes 
    /Znack
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 1:28 PM
  • I just recently sequenced SAP 7.2 (update6) with Bex Analyzer. I am not sure how your environment is for SAP, but my SAP requirements were to be able to use Bex Analyzer and Opent Text Image Viewer which is required to view documents within our SAP solution. Some of the instructions I followed were based on the 7.10 recipe so you would see some of the notes in my recipe also.

Here are my setups and sequencing steps which I hope will help you guys.

Sequencing Machine: Windows XP with SP3 with App-V 4.6 SP1

Sequence Machine Preparation:

1. Create Directories in Q:\

• Q:\<suite name>\SAP\FrontEnd
    • Q:\<suite name>\SAP\Business Explorer
    • Q:\<suite name>\SAP\Common Files
    • Q:\<suite name>\SAP\Java
    • Q:\<suite name>\SAP\Excel
    • Q:\<suite name>\SAP\OViewer

2. Copy all installation media locally to your sequencing machine

• Java installation (I userd Java 6u26)
    • MS Office 2007 (Office 2007 seems to be the only version I was able to get working with BexAnalyzer)
    • .Net 1.1
    • .Net 2.0 with SP1
    • OpenText Viewer

3. Start Sequencing

4. Install .Net 1.1

5. Install .Net 2.0 with SP1 (ignore SFT Sequencer pop up)

6. Install Java to Q:\<suite name>\SAP\Java

7. Install Excel 2007 and only Visual Basic for Office Tools located under Shared Features to Q:\<suite name>\SAP\Excel

8. Install SAP GUI with SAPGui and Business Explorer Options

• Change the first target directory for SAP GUI for Windows to Q:\<suite name>\SAP\FrontEnd
    • Change the second target directory for Business Explorer to Q:\<suite name>\SAP\Business Explorer

9. Run installation for Update 6

10. Move (not copy) the following files from C:\Windows\System32 to Q:\<suite name>\SAP\Common Files

• icuin34.dll
    • librfc32.dll
    • libsapul16v90.dll
    • SAPbtmp.dll

11. Copy working saplogon.ini file to Q:\<suite name>\SAP (We only have 1 master saplogon.ini file so this is why I did this step)

12. From Control Panel, add Q:\<suite name>\SAP\Common Files to the Path environmental variable

13. Add a new environmental variable and call it SAPLOGON_INI_FILE with a value of Q:\<suite name>\SAP\saplogon.in (In SAP 7.20, the saplogon variable is changed from a fixed location to the user's profile location. This step allows you to specify a fixed location as with version 7.10)

14. Browse to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc to the System file and add the SAP system variables and save. (This may not be your requirements for SAP)

15. Install Open Text viewer to Q:\<suite name>\SAP\OViewer (This is my requirements and may not necessarily be yours)

16. Stop Monitoring

17. Copy C:\Program Files\Common Files\SAP Shared to Q:\<suite name>\SAP\Common Files\

18. Customize the Saplogon shortcut to go to Q:\<suite name>\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPGui\saplogon.exe

These are my steps that I have done many times to get it to where all of my application integrations seems to work with SAP 7.20. Again some of the steps may not be needed for your environment.

Hope this helps.

-Chone

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 3:51 PM
  • Thanks Chone

With your proposed configuration, We can sequience BEX analyzer also we can seperatly config logon.ini file too.

Thnaks

Microsoft TechNet Forum Bandara
    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 10:25 AM
  • I have followed the instructions above but I am always getting the following error "could not load SAPGUIResources !"

Has anyone else got the same problem?

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 8:54 AM
  • Hello,

This means that you have not followed these specific steps from the above guide;

Move (not copy) the following files from C:\Windows\System32 to Q:\<suite name>\SAP\Common Files
    • icuin34.dll
    • librfc32.dll
    • libsapul16v90.dll
    • SAPbtmp.dll

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 11:35 AM
  • I can confirm that I have followed those steps yet I am still experiencing this problem. Do I have to change anything on the Virtual File Systems tab before saving the sequence?

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 12:56 PM
  • Hello,

No

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 1:40 PM