none
Seqencing Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2012

Question

• Hello everybody,

I tried out to seqence AutoCAD LT 2012 after this small tutorial ( http://www.appvirtguru.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3583#p13383 ).

The installation went completly well, but when I want to start the sequenced package on a client, I get an error which says "Couldn't start AdLM, Not sufficient rights to execute".

Does someone have success with sequencing this software?

Tuesday, September 6, 2011 12:13 PM

Answers

• My Recipe :

Before Sequence :
    Installed the application locally. I then exported the Services registry entries for flexnet/security and autocad licensing the whole key

Vmware Workstation 8
    Sequencer 4.6.1 Hot Fix 3
    Windows XP SP2 IE 7
    Root Q:\acad12.v00
    Using Flexlm to serve licenses
    Installed Sequencer
    Included Local Appdata, Local Settings, Allowed local com objects

Pre-Sequence :
    1: Changed the pre-reqs in the setup config file in the root of the installer to exclude all Dotnet and C++ distros
    2: Installed all pre-reqs from the 3rd party folder except Farlo

Sequence:
    1: Installed Autocad by itself I did not include any other options
    2: Selected network version with license server location "flexlmserver.blah.blah.com"
    3: Selected to download and install SP1
    4: After install of Autocad I imported the reg keys from the local installed version. see "Before Sequence"
    5: Copied all .dll files from Q: to System32 just to make sure they all got picked up
    6: from command line > net start <Autocad License Service Name>
    7: From command line > net start <Flexlm License Service Name>
    8: DO NOT LAUNCH AUTOCAD !!!!!
    9: Finish the sequence, configure shortcuts etc ....
    10: Copy content and publish
    11: DONE !
    Saturday, October 22, 2011 1:18 AM

All replies

• If AdLM is the license service, then it will most likely need to be deployed to the machine rather than being captured in the package.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 2:04 PM
  • I agree with Aaron, except getting the package so it can be pre-installed is the point where I hit dead ends. This same fix allows Photoshop Elements 8 and Premiere Elements 8 to be sequenced successfully, however the 32 bit FlexNET service is not compatible with the 64 bit Autodesk client.

I have read articles where App-V recognises FlexNET as a service rather than a bunch of files, but I have never been able to replicate this and think it's a myth. If by some miracle you can capture it, you need to ensure a local copy of FlexNET is not interferring with it.

Should you find an installer for the 64 bit FlexNET service compatible with 2012 please let me know where.

Monday, September 12, 2011 2:30 PM
  • My Recipe :

Before Sequence :
    Installed the application locally. I then exported the Services registry entries for flexnet/security and autocad licensing the whole key

Vmware Workstation 8
    Windows XP SP2 IE 7
    Installed Sequencer

Pre-Sequence :
    1: Changed the pre-reqs in the setup config file in the root of the installer to exclude all Dotnet and C++ distros

Sequence:
    2: Selected network version with license server location "flexlmserver.blah.blah.com"
    4: After install of Autocad I imported the reg keys from the local installed version. see "Before Sequence"
    5: Copied all .dll files from Q: to System32 just to make sure they all got picked up
    Saturday, October 22, 2011 1:18 AM
  • FYI, I've found virtualizing AutoCAD 2012 LT very sensitive to the .NET 4 Framework patch level. After a successful test in a lab environment, uninstalling and reinstalling .NET 4 framework produced a FATAL ERROR with autocad. Installing .NET 4 Framework patches 2416472 and 2446708 resolved the error. A test with all the .NET 4 Framewok patches had the AutoCAD 2012 LT FATAL ERROR. It's probably a good idea to ensure the latest .NET 4 Framework patches are on the sequencer before sequencing.

Thanks,

Jim Riekse

Jim Riekse

Friday, March 16, 2012 4:22 PM
  • My Recipe :

Before Sequence :

Vmware Workstation 8
    Windows XP SP2 IE 7
    Installed Sequencer

Pre-Sequence :

Sequence:

Thanks for tip 8, that was the trick for me to succesfully sequence AutoCAD 2013 :-)

DO NOT LAUNCH AUTOCAD !!!!!

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 1:17 PM
  • Hi All,

Can I follow above recipe to sequence AutoCad 2012 using 30 days Trial version? or its possibel only with license server option.....

I am asking this becuase we have standalone license for Autocad and user will provide license value when he/she will launch it in client box.

I am confused about this step: Installed the application locally. I then exported the Services registry entries for flexnet/security and autocad licensing the whole key....
    Do I need to perform this step since I am going to use 30 days trial version?

Thanks in adance.

Regards,

Singh.

You can do what you have to do, and sometimes you can do it even better than you think you can.

• Edited by Avtar Sohi Wednesday, October 3, 2012 4:12 PM
    Wednesday, October 3, 2012 4:10 PM
  • Yes, you'll need to do this regardless of how the application is licensed.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 9:44 PM
  • Hi Aaron,

Need help to understand step 5 : Copied all .dll files from Q: to System32 just to make sure they all got picked up

is Q drive is the drive in which autocad get installed during sequencing process or it is source binary location you are referening?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Avtar singh.

You can do what you have to do, and sometimes you can do it even better than you think you can.

Friday, October 5, 2012 7:54 PM
  • I'm getting confused with Revere04's sequence. It uses the flexlm server, but AutoCAD LT cannot use network licenses.  How does this work?
    Monday, October 8, 2012 8:11 AM