Remote Desktop Session Closing Before Its Opened. RRS feed

• السؤال

• I have a problem with trying to use remote desktop to connect to a specific server on my LAN. When I type either the IP or the Computer name into Remote Desktop Connection, it opens a black window with a dialoge box in the foreground- "Your Remote Session has ended, possibly for one of these reasons:...".

-Everythings in the same subnet (no hops/gateways)
    -I've tried connecting from Windows 7 Pro x64 & XP Pro x86 
    -The severs running Server 2003 Standard R2 x86
    -I've tried removing it from the domain
    -It was a P2V using SCVMM. (Remote desktop works on the original physical server)
    -It's virtualised on a Server 2008 SP2 Hyper-V Host.
    -The only error I can see on it's event log is = "Remote Access Connection Manager fialed to start becuase NDISWAN could not be opened"
    -I've tried switching it off and on again

Any help would really be appriciated!
    20/رمضان/1430 08:56 ص

الإجابات

• Hello, I've managed to solve the problem.

Lionel Chen:

1.     Before the error “Your remote desktop session has ended” error occurs, do you get the change to input the credential? No

2.     On your Hyper-V host server, enter Windows Server 2003 virtual machine, start a Remote Desktop Connection to itself. What is the result? Same as when trying remotley.

3.     Please check the services.msc on the Windows Server 2003 virtual machine, if the Remote Access Connection Manager is not started, please manually start it and test the issue again. It's running.

4.     Does the issue only occur with one virtual machine in your environment? Yes

5.     You mentioned the event error about Remote Access Connection Manager failed. Where did you find the event log? The Windows Server 2003 side or the client side? 2003 side.

To Solve the problem, I did an in-place upgrade using the 2003 installation cd. after the setup completed, I was able to remote into the server.

Thanks for all your help!

• تم وضع علامة كإجابة بواسطة Jon Hatton-Brown 02/شوال/1430 09:51 ص
    02/شوال/1430 09:51 ص

جميع الردود

• Hi

please restart the computer. If the problem persists, reinstall the Remote Access Service from the Network option in the Control panel

Hopes this help!

Deva
    Don't do what others say - listen to them, but do what you feel good doing.
    • تم الاقتراح كإجابة بواسطة Devaraju K 21/رمضان/1430 09:07 ص
    20/رمضان/1430 11:02 ص
  • Hello Jon,

Thanks for your post.

To help you fix this issue more effectively, please use the following steps to investigate further in this case:

1.     Before the error “Your remote desktop session has ended” error occurs, do you get the change to input the credential?

2.     On your Hyper-V host server, enter Windows Server 2003 virtual machine, start a Remote Desktop Connection to itself. What is the result?

3.     Please check the services.msc on the Windows Server 2003 virtual machine, if the Remote Access Connection Manager is not started, please manually start it and test the issue again.

4.     Does the issue only occur with one virtual machine in your environment?

5.     You mentioned the event error about Remote Access Connection Manager failed. Where did you find the event log? The Windows Server 2003 side or the client side?

We are glad to provide further help based on your information. Thanks again.

Lionel Chen

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

• تم وضع علامة كإجابة بواسطة Lionel Chen - MSFT 02/شوال/1430 02:15 ص
    • تم إلغاء علامة كإجابة بواسطة Lionel Chen - MSFT 02/شوال/1430 02:15 ص
    21/رمضان/1430 08:28 ص
  • any update on this case?
    Don't do what others say - listen to them, but do what you feel good doing.
    21/رمضان/1430 01:58 م
  • Hello Jon,

Could you please drop us a note and let know the status of the issue currently? We will try our best to be of assistance based on your need.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Lionel Chen

27/رمضان/1430 08:15 ص
  • Hello, I've managed to solve the problem.

Lionel Chen:

1.     Before the error “Your remote desktop session has ended” error occurs, do you get the change to input the credential? No

2.     On your Hyper-V host server, enter Windows Server 2003 virtual machine, start a Remote Desktop Connection to itself. What is the result? Same as when trying remotley.

3.     Please check the services.msc on the Windows Server 2003 virtual machine, if the Remote Access Connection Manager is not started, please manually start it and test the issue again. It's running.

4.     Does the issue only occur with one virtual machine in your environment? Yes

5.     You mentioned the event error about Remote Access Connection Manager failed. Where did you find the event log? The Windows Server 2003 side or the client side? 2003 side.

To Solve the problem, I did an in-place upgrade using the 2003 installation cd. after the setup completed, I was able to remote into the server.

Thanks for all your help!

• تم وضع علامة كإجابة بواسطة Jon Hatton-Brown 02/شوال/1430 09:51 ص
    02/شوال/1430 09:51 ص
  • Hello Jon,

Thanks for your feedback and the answers to my questions.

I’m happy to hear the issue has been resolve by an in-place upgrade of Windows Server 2003. Based on this result, the cause of the issue is very possibly related to corrupt Windows services or component, especially Remote Access Service that may leads to similar issues.

Please feel free to follow up here if the issue comes back again or you need any further assistance. Besides, welcome to post in our forum again when you meet any difficulties or questions when using Microsoft products. We’re always happy and ready to assist you.

Thanks for your sharing and cooperation. Have a nice day.

Lionel Chen

03/شوال/1430 02:27 ص