Remove Read Receipt in Exchange 2007 for Internal users RRS feed

• السؤال

• I am in the process of converting resource mailboxes that formerly used Direct Resource Booking to Room mailboxes. In that process I want to delete all the messages that are in the Inbox. I have tried to use a transport agent, but since this is an Exchange System Message the users still will get a Not read: "Subject" message if they have asked for a receipt.

Is it possible to remove this receipt.

The reason that I want to remove the items within Inbox is that the customer told me that they experienced that AutoAccept stopped processing if it was Items in the Inbox. It may be that this is corrected in SP1.

ChristianLLoyd
    22/ربيع الأول/1431 10:30 ص

الإجابات

• You can refer the article below to delete the items in the multiple mailboxes

Exchange Server 2007 Cross Mailbox Search using Export-mailbox

If you want to disable the receipt when send to resource mailboxes, please remove the relevant header, the following is just a sample, please modify it to suit your situation. For instance, please add condition for resource mailboxes so that the rule will be triggered only when the meetings go to resources maiboxes

1.      Condition: check “when the message header contains text patterns

Change ‘message header’ to ‘Disposition-Notification-TO’; ‘text patterns’ to ‘YourDomainName

Notes: ‘Disposition-Notification-TO’ means that sender wants a Delivery Report when the mail is received (read, processed, etc.) by receiver

2.      Action: check “log an event with message”, you can set ‘message’ like ‘Remove Read Receipts’

Notes: it’ll be logged to your application log

3.      Action: check “remove header

Change ‘header’ to ‘Disposition-Notification-TO’

Other resources:

KB 960103: “If a recipient reads a message in Outlook Web Access without sending a read receipt, a non-read notification is sent to the sender when the recipient deletes the message in Outlook cached mode

James Luo
    TechNet Subscriber Support (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/ms788697.aspx)
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com
    • تم وضع علامة كإجابة بواسطة Alan.Gim 30/ربيع الأول/1431 01:17 ص
    23/ربيع الأول/1431 03:23 ص

جميع الردود

• Serve them right for asking for a receipt!

We strip all receipt requests off incoming mail, because they are a) rude and b) a pain to deal with, not least because of this particular bug.

The bug is, Any shared mailbo, where one user deletes a message, all other users will send a "not read" receipt. It happens with IMAP mailboxes. I haven't tried it with exchange resource mailboxes.
    22/ربيع الأول/1431 11:03 ص
  • You can refer the article below to delete the items in the multiple mailboxes

Exchange Server 2007 Cross Mailbox Search using Export-mailbox

If you want to disable the receipt when send to resource mailboxes, please remove the relevant header, the following is just a sample, please modify it to suit your situation. For instance, please add condition for resource mailboxes so that the rule will be triggered only when the meetings go to resources maiboxes

1.      Condition: check “when the message header contains text patterns

Change ‘message header’ to ‘Disposition-Notification-TO’; ‘text patterns’ to ‘YourDomainName

Notes: ‘Disposition-Notification-TO’ means that sender wants a Delivery Report when the mail is received (read, processed, etc.) by receiver

2.      Action: check “log an event with message”, you can set ‘message’ like ‘Remove Read Receipts’

Notes: it’ll be logged to your application log

3.      Action: check “remove header

Change ‘header’ to ‘Disposition-Notification-TO’

Other resources:

KB 960103: “If a recipient reads a message in Outlook Web Access without sending a read receipt, a non-read notification is sent to the sender when the recipient deletes the message in Outlook cached mode

James Luo
    TechNet Subscriber Support (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/ms788697.aspx)
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com
    • تم وضع علامة كإجابة بواسطة Alan.Gim 30/ربيع الأول/1431 01:17 ص
    23/ربيع الأول/1431 03:23 ص
  • New-TransportRule -Name "Remove Read Receipts" -MessageTypeMatches ReadReceipt -DeleteMessage $true

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd638183.aspx

(MessageTypeMatches predicate exists in 2010 only.  For 2007, see below)

How to suppress delivery- and read-receipts in Exchange 2007

Mike Crowley
    Check out My Blog!

21/جمادى الثانية/1431 03:11 ص