MDT issues RRS feed

• السؤال

• I am having an issue with MDT when I use a custome WIM. When i use the OS disk as an OS in MDT it works fine.

1. im taking a machine doing a clean install and installing a few programs ( i know this defeats the purpose of MDT)

2. It will do the 1st set of updates ( 3 of them)

3. I sysprep the machine and use the generlize and oobe switches

4. i use image x and capture the Wim of the machine i just syspreped

5. Go to mdt import OS tab on the deploment share , choose custome Wim and point to the Wim i made.

6. Set up my task seq point to the custome wim

7. im trying to deploy it via disk so im setting up my media

8. insert DVD into the drive run through the otions and get this error

"error - unable to find SETUP, needed to install the image d:\blah"

"zti erroe non-zero return code  ltiapply, rc= 1"

"Litetouch deploment failed , return code = -2147567259 0x80004005"

Mind you i had MDT working and installing office and other apps when i used the Win 7  disk so i do not think it has to do with the set up of MDT.

any ideas?

thanks

Kurt

24/رجب/1431 04:31 م

الإجابات

• If there a reason you don't do that initial build using MDT to begin with?

You can even use LTI-Suspend.wsf to pause the TS, install manual apps, reboot, then pick up the rest of the Task Sequence to do a sysprep and capture.  At least you would have a documented repeatable build process (minus whatever you do manually) then.

without looking at the logs, i would say it doesn't like something in your custom .wim or what the way it was captured.

Also, when working with Media, make sure you have updated the Deployment Share after any changes to ensure your media is up to date.

MCTS: ConfigMgr, MDT http://myitforum.com/cs2/blogs/cnackers/default.aspx
    • تم وضع علامة كإجابة بواسطة Kurt Warner 24/رجب/1431 07:58 م
    24/رجب/1431 05:59 م

جميع الردود

• You'll need the "Sysprep and Setup Files" that MDT asks for when importing the OS. Make sure you are selecting those and not skipping that step during the import wizard.
    24/رجب/1431 04:36 م
  • If there a reason you don't do that initial build using MDT to begin with?

You can even use LTI-Suspend.wsf to pause the TS, install manual apps, reboot, then pick up the rest of the Task Sequence to do a sysprep and capture.  At least you would have a documented repeatable build process (minus whatever you do manually) then.

without looking at the logs, i would say it doesn't like something in your custom .wim or what the way it was captured.

Also, when working with Media, make sure you have updated the Deployment Share after any changes to ensure your media is up to date.

MCTS: ConfigMgr, MDT http://myitforum.com/cs2/blogs/cnackers/default.aspx
    • تم وضع علامة كإجابة بواسطة Kurt Warner 24/رجب/1431 07:58 م
    24/رجب/1431 05:59 م