Exchange Log File Missing RRS feed

• السؤال

• Hi

I am using a thrid party software to replicate exchange database to alternate server. There are more than 10 storage group and when I try to mount these 10 storage group on the remote server it mounts all Except 2 [ Fifth storage group and Thrid Storage group]

I have the following Error recorded in Exchange storage group

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: ESE
    Event Category: (3)
    Event ID: 452
    Date:  6/17/2010
    Time:  6:00:15 AM
    User:  N/A
    Computer: CRHMX22
    Description:
    The description for Event ID ( 452 ) in Source ( ESE ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: MSExchangeIS, 7040, Fifth Storage Group: , N:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Mailbox\Fifth Storage Group\Mailbox Database05.edb, 559469, 559485, 559913.

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: ESE
    Event Category: (3)
    Event ID: 454
    Date:  6/17/2010
    Time:  6:00:15 AM
    User:  N/A
    Computer: CRHMX22
    Description:
    The description for Event ID ( 454 ) in Source ( ESE ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: MSExchangeIS, 7040, Fifth Storage Group: , -543.

The following ms articel Explains the error

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/transform.aspx?ProdName=Exchange&ProdVer=8.0&EvtID=452&EvtSrc=ESE&LCID=1033

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810198

Well Can someone explain me how to use the esutil and idenfity the missing logs, So I can have them copy manually from the Exising working setup to the rmeote server.

Any Advise would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Sumesh

12/رجب/1431 04:58 ص

الإجابات

• Hi,

After confirming the missing log that the database required, please copy the logs to the temp folder of the target server. Then run the below command to make the database clean shutdown.

ESEUTIL /R E00 /l"Logfile_Path"

Thanks

Allen

• تم وضع علامة كإجابة بواسطة Allen Song 20/رجب/1431 06:40 ص
    18/رجب/1431 08:37 ص

جميع الردود

• Its Exchange 2007
    12/رجب/1431 05:19 ص
  • First of all run eseutil /mh and dump the header on the alternate server. This will give you an idea about any log file missing for any of the DB.

If any log file is missing , then probabaly you need to look for those log files on the production set up and need to check why it didnt get replicated to the alternate server.

Raj
    15/رجب/1431 06:00 ص
  • Hi,

First dismount the store than run the Eseutil/mh, it will show you all the details of the log and you can easly find out the missing logfile.

Dinesh
    16/رجب/1431 08:55 ص
  • Thank you for your update, Let me check this and get back you

17/رجب/1431 10:44 ص
  • Hi,

After confirming the missing log that the database required, please copy the logs to the temp folder of the target server. Then run the below command to make the database clean shutdown.

ESEUTIL /R E00 /l"Logfile_Path"

Thanks

Allen

• تم وضع علامة كإجابة بواسطة Allen Song 20/رجب/1431 06:40 ص
    18/رجب/1431 08:37 ص