none
Missing Server Side Dependencies (MissingSetupFile) after 2010 to 2013 Upgrade RRS feed

  • Frage

  • Hi,

    I have seen numerous posts about this error, but it always seems to be related to software that was installed on the 2010 farm, but not installed on the 2013 farm. In this case, the two .aspx files that are referred to in the error are out-of-box Project Server files. Below is the error, as reported by Health Analyzer. Also, results of a query on the content database in the source 2010 farm and the same database after the 2013 upgrade. I also included the results of the same query on a content database from a Project Server site that created from scratch in the 2013 farm. I appreciate any help that can be provided.

    Health Analyzer Problem

    Title

    Missing server side dependencies.

    Severity

    1 - Error

    Category

    Configuration

    Explanation

    [MissingSetupFile] File   [SiteTemplates\BICENTERSITE\mossbisample.aspx] is referenced [1] times in the   database [PWA_Content], but exists only under Microsoft SharePoint Foundation   2010 setup folder. Consider upgrading the feature/solution which contains   this file to the latest version. One or more setup files are referenced in   the database [PWA_Content], but are not installed on the current farm. Please   install any feature or solution which contains these files.

    [MissingSetupFile] File [SiteTemplates\BICENTERSITE\ppssample.aspx]   is referenced [1] times in the database [PWA_Content], but exists only under   Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 setup folder. Consider upgrading the   feature/solution which contains this file to the latest version. One or more   setup files are referenced in the database [PWA_Content], but are not   installed on the current farm. Please install any feature or solution which   contains these files.

    Remedy

    For more information about this rule, see "http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=142689".

    Failing Servers

    Failing Services

    SPTimerService (SPTimerV4)

    Rule Settings

    View

    SQL Query

    select DirName, SetupPath, SetupPathVersion from [ContentDB]..AllDocs where LeafName like '%sample.aspx%'

    Results from PWA_Content database in 2010 Farm

    DirName

    SetupPath

    SetupPathVersion

    PWASIPT/ProjectBICenter/Pages

    SiteTemplates\BICENTERSITE\ppssample.aspx

    4

    PWASIPT/ProjectBICenter/Pages

    SiteTemplates\BICENTERSITE\excelservicessample.aspx

    4

    PWASIPT/ProjectBICenter/Pages

    SiteTemplates\BICENTERSITE\mossbisample.aspx

    4

    Results from Upgraded PWA_Content database in 2013 Farm

    DirName

    SetupPath

    SetupPathVersion

    PWASIPT/ProjectBICenter/Pages

    SiteTemplates\BICENTERSITE\excelservicessample.aspx

    4

    PWASIPT/ProjectBICenter/Pages

    SiteTemplates\BICENTERSITE\mossbisample.aspx

    4

    PWASIPT/ProjectBICenter/Pages

    SiteTemplates\BICENTERSITE\ppssample.aspx

    4

    Results from a different PWA Content database from new site created in 2013 Farm

    DirName

    SetupPath

    SetupPathVersion

    PWA_OA/ProjectBICenter/Pages

    Features\BICenterPPSContentPages\ppssample.aspx

    15

    PWA_OA/ProjectBICenter/Pages

    SiteTemplates\BICENTERSITE\excelservicessample.aspx

    15

    Thanks,

    Erik


    Erik RHS

    Freitag, 20. Februar 2015 01:38

Antworten

  • I opened a case with MSFT and after some escalation and analysis, it was determined that the errors were due to a SharePoint/Project Server bug and could be safely ignored.

    Erik RHS

    • Als Antwort markiert Erik RHS Dienstag, 17. März 2015 17:51
    Dienstag, 17. März 2015 17:51

Alle Antworten

  • Erik,

    A tool that has helped me many times in this kind of scenario is https://spfeatureadministration.codeplex.com/. I have not used it in 2013 environment, but this can help identify the faulty feature.

    The other approach is to use Powershell to identify the feature that is causing the issue. Here is some guidance on this method. https://jespermchristensen.wordpress.com/2011/06/23/finding-missing-or-faulty-features-in-sharepoint/


    Cheers,

    Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

    Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

    Freitag, 20. Februar 2015 05:23
    Moderator
  • Hi Prasanna,

    Thanks for the reply. I ran the codeplex tool and it did not find any faulty features.

    Erik


    Erik RHS

    Freitag, 20. Februar 2015 16:50
  • I opened a case with MSFT and after some escalation and analysis, it was determined that the errors were due to a SharePoint/Project Server bug and could be safely ignored.

    Erik RHS

    • Als Antwort markiert Erik RHS Dienstag, 17. März 2015 17:51
    Dienstag, 17. März 2015 17:51
  • It has been my experience that server side dependency errors such as this one, will keep patches from installing correctly.

    I'm having the same issue. I discovered it when I ran a psconfig on a server and it failed. I checked for server side dependency errors in the SharePoint Health Analyzer and sure enough I got this one. 

    The files exist in the 14 hive on my 2010 farm, and if I copy them over to the 15 hive on my 2013 farm, the error will probably go away. I just don't know if that is the best thing to do or not.


    • Bearbeitet PawnofGod Freitag, 6. November 2015 00:10
    Freitag, 6. November 2015 00:10
  • After copying the files from the 14 hive on the 2010 farm to the 15 hive on the 2013 farm, the errors were gone.
    Freitag, 6. November 2015 02:07