Windows updating drivers that do NOT NEED UPDATING. RRS feed

• Question

• I told Windows Update NOT TO RECEIVE OTHER PRODUCT UPDATES and I also used the .cab file to hide the bloody driver update (AMD Catalyst 15.2 WHICH IS BUGGED AND DOES NOT WORK CORRECTLY WITH MY R9 280X)

Why does it keep installing the update when its hidden! Installing GRAPHICS drivers while I am playing games! I know this is a preview build but soo close to launch and there is still soo many problems? Especially since you are thinking of keeping windows update always enabled you are installing faulty software on machines without even bug-checking the software first? Unacceptable, especially since this is your last stable build you should be only polishing off certain features and not still have soo many broken things.

• Edited by NeoReaper Monday, July 27, 2015 7:48 PM
    Monday, July 27, 2015 7:47 PM

All replies

• There is a solution for hiding and selecting updates, go to this MS link.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Monday, July 27, 2015 7:50 PM
  • You can only delay updates. you cannot hide, or not install updates.  What build are you running, is it home, pro, or enterprise?

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Monday, July 27, 2015 8:24 PM
  • It DOES NOT block the update as I stated in my original post ("and I also used the .cab file to hide the bloody driver update"), I already went through the steps, Windows update keeps trying to download it again after a restart.
    Monday, July 27, 2015 8:34 PM
  • Pro.

And if they don't let that update stop installing, its going to render my graphics card unusable.

Monday, July 27, 2015 8:35 PM