none
Two NIC card in DP RRS feed

• Question

• CM Site server: 1902

DPs: windows 2019

Hi all,

Just a question. Building new distribution server (windows 2019 server). Primary will use for OSD image, will be utilize imaging around 50-70 computers a day. I have setup "RamDiskTFTPBlockSize" to 8192 and it is working fine. This server has two NIC cards, like to teaming both NIC cards to get better bandwidth. 

Is this looks fine. What are  your thought about two nic cards, how can i benefit with this?

thanks for your suggestion in advance

Thursday, August 15, 2019 2:39 PM

All replies

• This is completely transparent to ConfigMgr. If you feel the added bandwidth at the NIC level that comes with teaming will be beneficial, then great. You may not really know what you need until you actually start doing this though and also keep in mind that there may be other bottlenecks as far as network bandwidth goes as well.

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Thursday, August 15, 2019 3:09 PM
  • Hi Jason,

You are absolutely right this is not related with CM. But i am just throwing out there if someone (Config Admin) did teaming with NIC and it helps or not? Or any other configuration with two nic which benefited?.

I will try teaming two NIC and see result.

thanks

Thursday, August 15, 2019 4:29 PM
  • I have done NIC-teaming before and yes, it increased throughput capacity at the NIC layer. Whether it will help with what you are doing or not is specific to your environment and what you will be doing with ConfigMgr. 

Are you seeing bottlenecks today?

If not, why are you anticipating bottlenecks?

Have you validated that there aren't other limitations in the environment?

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Thursday, August 15, 2019 4:42 PM
  • so i am replacing some older servers with newer ones. New and old DPs are in same subnet and switch so there is no cross over. But speed (PXE boot speed and downloading contents) from older DP server is better than newer server. The new server is windows 2019 and older is 2008. I have tested RamDiskTFTPBlockSize with all different numbers, no luck. there are no peak services running which i can conclude, imaging is slow...

any thoughts what else i can check?

Thursday, August 15, 2019 6:58 PM