Outlook Autodiscover and OOF not working SBS2011 RRS feed

• General discussion

• Recently did a migration from SBS2008 to SBS2011. The migration was far from perfect, but frankly the official guides are long winded and as they are written it's very easy to miss small details that cause big problems. Anyway, I don't think the migration itself is the root of the problem, as the reported issues were around Sharepoint which is working fine.

The issue I have is that Autodiscover and OOF are not working. We have a mix of Outlook 2007 and 2010 clients both 32 and 64 bit. RPC over HTTPS works fine, OWA works fine, OOF in OWA works fine, Activesync for mobile works fine. We have a Go-Daddy UC certificate with the correct names, no cert errors for clients.

When running the testexchangeconnectivity.com tests Autodiscover fails with "An HTTP 500 response was returned from Unknown".

I have tried pretty much every solution I have been able to find inclduing installing Exchange SP2, re-creating the VDir's, trying all suggested combinations of authentication methods, re-run all the SBS network connectivity wizards various times, adding./removing modyfying various DNS entries etc etc.

The tests fail both internally and externally with the same error.

I am convonced this is a simple issue but I am frustrated and out of idea's. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Friday, May 18, 2012 1:34 AM

All replies