none
Microsoft GenStudio (Setting Up Azure Blob Storage / Generating an SAS Token) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello! For those familiar with Microsoft GenStudio (or with Azure Blob storage), I'm currently following Microsoft's setup guide on their "Microsoft GenStudio" GitHub page for deploying and setting up my own APIs and website. 

In the "Get Started" section of the page, there is a document called "Deploying the APIs". In this document, it asks for a file called "Featurize_Images.ipynb" to be edited to include several pieces of information for the project to access the Azure Blob storage I want to use. In this file, there is a section of code I do not fully understand:

blob_account_name = 'storage123storage'

blob_sas_token='?st=2019-10-09T18%3A54%3A49Z&se=2020-10-10T18%3A54%3A00Z&sp=rl&sv=2018-0328&sr=c&sig=sC4kVoSxN93Wd2x4PUCfodMHs2VG6p5%2BEDdIkNUrpTA%3D' # SAS token to access the blob

blob_container = 'container123' #container where the images are located

blob_prefix = '/' #path to any sub-folders within the container

I'm not sure what the code above is referring to when it speaks of a "container" (the blob_container variable). At first I thought it was referring to the Azure Blob storage account name, but it appears to be referring to something else. Additionally, the document provided no information on how to obtain a "Blob SAS Token" associated with the Azure blob storage account I want to use.

In short, what is a "blob container" when referring my Azure blob storage, and how do I generate a "blob SAS token" for my Azure blob storage account? Thanks!

Friday, December 6, 2019 10:41 PM

Answers

• Containers: They hold set of blobs and Container is just like a parent folder in a file system.

SAS token: Instead of providing access on entire Storage account or the Container, we can generate SAS token for particular blob and share it with user so he accesses only that blob using the token.

If the response helped, do "Mark as answer" and upvote it
    - Vaibhav

Saturday, December 7, 2019 6:59 AM

All replies

• Containers: They hold set of blobs and Container is just like a parent folder in a file system.

SAS token: Instead of providing access on entire Storage account or the Container, we can generate SAS token for particular blob and share it with user so he accesses only that blob using the token.

If the response helped, do "Mark as answer" and upvote it
    - Vaibhav

Saturday, December 7, 2019 6:59 AM
  • @CirrusMD Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 6:51 AM
  • Thank you very much for your help!
    Tuesday, December 10, 2019 6:39 PM