none
Get attachment from a service request and send it through email RRS feed

• Question

• Scenario: A user submitting a request through the portal with one attachment. Some groups will work with the activities in the request and will find the attachment in the request, but others needs to be notified with an email about the request and get the attachment.

Idea was to create a RB to extract the attachment and use send email activity to send the notification with the attachment, fairly simple.

It seems that I can only get all the properties of the attachment, not the attachment itself. Is this doable in Orchestrator?

I have search this forum and other places and have found scripts to save the file to a share and I expect I can somehow attach it to the email in SCO or just send the email through PS, but I hoped there were a more simple solution in Orchestrator.

Thanks

Karsten

Friday, August 9, 2019 8:07 AM

Answers

• Hi

I assume you are using SCSM here, where you want to get the Attachment.

See the Script here, we will use this also, so that does work very well

http://blogs.litware.se/?p=1369

Michael Seidl (MVP)

SYSCTR Senior Consultant, Blogger, CEO

Blog | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn | Xing | Youtube

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Friday, August 9, 2019 10:54 AM

All replies

• Hi

I assume you are using SCSM here, where you want to get the Attachment.

See the Script here, we will use this also, so that does work very well

http://blogs.litware.se/?p=1369

Michael Seidl (MVP)

SYSCTR Senior Consultant, Blogger, CEO

Blog | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn | Xing | Youtube

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Friday, August 9, 2019 10:54 AM
  • Yes, I'm using SCSM and I'm aware of the script, I was just curious to see if it was doable within SCO, without scripts, shares and similar, but apparently not.

Thanks.

Karsten

Thursday, August 15, 2019 6:05 AM