none
Orchestrator - Still a powerful tool RRS feed

• Question

• In face of so many enterprise grade automation tools in the marketplace that get the glitter and shiny treatment of sales and marketing departments, I wanted to toot the horn for good old SCORCH. With only 2 runbook servers, we run roughly over 10 million runbooks per year that do a wide variety of IT, HR, Legal, and B2B tasks across the enterprise. At first it was a rough go, SCORCH still has room for improvement. My colleague and myself have had to make some behind the scenes enhancements over the years to properly tune the solution to run smoother. Limited budget, big expectations.

My colleague is a very talented and gifted IT professional and I had him create a series of PowerBI reports for SCORCH. As the standard SCORCH console is severely out of date and lacks the modern conveniences that PowerBI offers. Below is some screen captures of the reports we look at every morning.

Now you might notice a high level of errors, these are not real errors. A lot of the B2B operations consist of external communications. And sometimes due to various reasons (which all can be explained) throw an error. That is fine considering we have become experts in transaction recovery via automation.

I hope this helps those that think SCORCH is out dated, but I can attest it isn't.

Overall metrics

Error log console.

Runbook monitoring

Friday, July 12, 2019 1:25 PM

All replies

• Hi,

looks awesome, but would you share this PowerBI Reports with us?

Michael Seidl (MVP)

SYSCTR Senior Consultant, Blogger, CEO

Blog | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn | Xing | Youtube

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Friday, August 2, 2019 5:31 AM
  • I am interested in the PowerBI Reports as well ;-)

Andreas Baumgarten

Monday, August 19, 2019 8:43 PM
  • That's a pretty good detailed PowerBI Dashboard
    Also saves a lot of time trying to pull these stats manually through the same SQL queries, great visual

Website: www.walshamsolutions.com Technical Blog: https://www.walshamsolutions.com/technical-blog Personal Blog: https://www.walshamsolutions.com/personal-blog Twitter: Dwalshampro

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 8:51 AM