none
Download WCF LOB Adapter SDK version 3.0.5005.0 or later RRS feed

• Question

• I try to install Microsoft BizTalk Adapter Pack 2_0 Evaluation x64. It requires WCF LOB Adapter SDK version 3.0.5005.0 or above. I only found WCF LOB Adapter SDK SP2 download on the internet. Where can I download WCF LOB Adapter SDK version 3.0.5005.0 or later? I have installed WCF LOB Adapter SDK SP2 on my Win7 64bit machine.

Thanks in advance.

Monday, January 16, 2012 12:27 AM

Answers

• Hi Cindy,

With regards to Windows 7: I think installing any version of BizTalk on a client OS like XP, Vista in the past and Windows 7 now is not good option and I will explain why. Any production environment will have BizTalk installed on a server OS like 2003 (R2) or 2008 (R2) and there are multiple reasons to do so like for instance scalability, availability, security and so on. And therefor I strongly believe and advice to install BizTalk on a Server OS for development, and testing. This way you will keep OS in sync through out BizTalk solution life-cycle. Any service pack/hotfix can also be kept in sync and introduce less complexity if things turn out to be different between development and test for instance. If you do have Windows 7 on your laptop/machine virtualize your BizTalk environment having a Windows Server OS on it that is the same as target production, test and acceptance environment (installation manual also target these OS).

I have successfully used WCF-SQL Adapter on BizTalk 2010, x64 on Server OS!

HTH

Steef-Jan Wiggers

Ordina ICT B.V. | MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server 2010

http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/ |@SteefJan

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    • Marked as answer by s liu Thursday, January 19, 2012 10:03 PM
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 11:05 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The WCF LOB Adapter SDK SP2 is sufficient. You have installed it so you now have to test and see if what you want to do with the adapters in adapter pack works. Try any of the samples found here.

HTH

Steef-Jan Wiggers

http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/ | @SteefJan

BizTalk
    Monday, January 16, 2012 12:48 PM
  • I try to use WCF SQL adapter. I don't see "Consume Then WCF Service" in Installed Templates with WCF LOB Adapter SDK SP2 installed. If I choose ""Consume WCF Service" in Installed Templates, I only see SQL adapter, not WCF SQL adapter.

Does WCF LOB Adapter SDK SP2 support WCF SQL adapter?

Thanks for your help!

Monday, January 16, 2012 4:24 PM
  • Hi,

The WCF-SQL Adapter is part of the adapter pack 2.0, see my post.

Excerpt of my post:

The WCF based SQL Adapter can be used to connect BizTalk applications to SQL Server. WCF-SQL Adapter is part of BizTalk Server Adapter Pack 2.0, but can also be downloaded separately. To work with the adapter you will need to install the WCF LOB Adapter SDK SP2 before installing this adapter.

HTH

Steef-Jan Wiggers

http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/ | @SteefJan

BizTalk
    Monday, January 16, 2012 6:20 PM
  • I want to clarify that I need to install WCF LOB Adapter SDK SP2. I did that. Is that all?

You said WCF-SQL Adapter is part of BizTalk Server Adapter Pack 2.0. That is why I try to install BizTalk Server Adapter Pack 2.0, which is this file "Microsoft BizTalk Adapter Pack 2_0 Evaluation x86.exe", which requires WCF LOB Adapter SDK version 3.0.5005.0 or above. So from your previous reply, I don't need to install BizTalk Server Adapter Pack 2.0. I followed your post; when I tried to add new adapter for WCF-SQL in BizTalk Server Administration console. I got empty list in Adapter dropdown list. How can I solve my problem? Thanks!

Monday, January 16, 2012 8:36 PM
  • I think I need to install BizTalk Server Adapter Pack 2.0. I installed WCF LOB Adapter SDK SP2 on another Win7 64-bit machine. When I was adding "Add Generated Items", I saw new installed template - "Consume Adapter Service". I selected this new template and clicked "Add" button. I got the error "No valid adapters installed on the machine". After clicked OK button on the error message, Consume Adapter Service dialog showed up with everything disabled.

From this experience, I think I need BizTalk Server Adapter Pack 2.0, but available download on the internet is "Microsoft BizTalk Adapter Pack 2_0 Evaluation x86.exe". Do we have other BizTalk Server Adapter Pack 2.0 that doesn't require WCF LOB Adapter SDK version 3.0.5005.0 or above? Thanks!

Monday, January 16, 2012 8:50 PM
  • I verified that my WCF LOB Adapter SDK version is 3.0.5280.0 after installing WCF LOB Adapter SDK SP2. Now I have no problem to install Microsoft BizTalk Adapter Pack 2_0 Evaluation x64.exe. I also installed 32-bit Microsoft BizTalk Adapter Pack 2_0 Evaluation x86.exe.

I followed your post and added SQLAdapter of WCF-SQL type of adapter in Biztalk Server Administration Console successfully. However, when adding Generated Items and selecting Consume Adapter Service, I still got the error "No valid adapters insatlled on the machine". The error detail is as following:

Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Tools.MetadataSearchBrowse.MachineConfigException: No valid adapters installed on the machine.

at Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Tools.MetadataSearchBrowse.MetadataPanel.EnumerateAllAvailableBindings(String bindingExtensionName, String bindingConfiguration)

at Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Tools.MetadataSearchBrowse.MetadataPanel..ctor(MetadataUserControl usercontrol, AdapterProperties properties, String bindingExtensionName, String bindingConfiguration, String uri)

Any idea why this happens?

Thanks for your help!

Cindy

Monday, January 16, 2012 10:31 PM
  • Hi Cindy,

I suggest you follow instructions given in the installation guide for BizTalk Adapter Pack 2.0.

HTH

Steef-Jan Wiggers

BizTalk
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 8:36 PM
  • Hi Steef,

I read the installation guide. It doesn't mention Windows 7 64-bit OS is supported. Based on your experience, do WCF LOB Adapter SDK SP2 and BizTalk Adapter Pack 2.0 work on Windows 7?

Another thing is both WCF LOB and Adaper Pack 2.0 have 32-bit and 64-bit versions. Which version should I use? After installed 64-bit WCF LOB Adapter SDK SP2, I installed 64-bit version of Adapter Pack 2.0. When using BizTalk Administrator Console to add new adapters, the available new adapter list is empty. I realized BizTalk MMC console is 32-bit application, so I installed 32-bit version Adapter Pack 2.0. This makes Biztalk MMC works and shows newly installed adapters. Based on the installation guide, copied here as the following, I think I did correctly. I tried 2 Windows 7 64-bit machines, both have the same error when trying to Consume Adapter Service in VS2010. I just wonder if anyone has successfully used WCF SQL adapter on Windows 7 64bit OS?

Scenarios for Installing the BizTalk Adapter Pack on a 64-bit Platform:

For Visual Studio design time and/or BizTalk MMC design time + BizTalk run time:

For a 32-bit BizTalk process:

• Install 64-bit WCF LOB Adapter SDK.
    • Install 32-bit BizTalk Adapter Pack.
    • Install 32-bit LOB client and other required DLLs.

For a 64-bit BizTalk process:

• Install 64-bit WCF LOB Adapter SDK.
    • Install 64-bit BizTalk Adapter Pack.
    • Install 64-bit LOB client and other required DLLs.
    • Install 32-bit BizTalk Adapter Pack.
    • Install 32-bit LOB client and other required DLLs.

Thanks,

Cindy

Thursday, January 19, 2012 7:44 AM
  • Hi Cindy,

With regards to Windows 7: I think installing any version of BizTalk on a client OS like XP, Vista in the past and Windows 7 now is not good option and I will explain why. Any production environment will have BizTalk installed on a server OS like 2003 (R2) or 2008 (R2) and there are multiple reasons to do so like for instance scalability, availability, security and so on. And therefor I strongly believe and advice to install BizTalk on a Server OS for development, and testing. This way you will keep OS in sync through out BizTalk solution life-cycle. Any service pack/hotfix can also be kept in sync and introduce less complexity if things turn out to be different between development and test for instance. If you do have Windows 7 on your laptop/machine virtualize your BizTalk environment having a Windows Server OS on it that is the same as target production, test and acceptance environment (installation manual also target these OS).

I have successfully used WCF-SQL Adapter on BizTalk 2010, x64 on Server OS!

HTH

Steef-Jan Wiggers

BizTalk
    • Marked as answer by s liu Thursday, January 19, 2012 10:03 PM
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 11:05 AM
  • So looks like I have to switch to 2008(R2) Server OS, even though I have Win 7 Enterprise OS.

Thanks,

Cindy

Thursday, January 19, 2012 10:03 PM
  • Hi Steef,

The link you mentioned for download the wcf lob adapter and adapter pack 2.0 has not corrected path. can you provide me the correct path of both WCF LOB adapter and adapter pack 2.0. So that I will download both.

Friday, May 24, 2019 10:42 AM