OCS users cannot join externally hosted Live Meetings RRS feed

• Question

• My scenario:
    - consolidated enterprise pool and edge server deployed in our domain (OCS 2007 R2)
    - my domain users are all enabled on the pool
    - LiveMeeting 2007 console deployed (8.0.6362.149) on all clients
    - the OCS internal/external server URLs settings for MOC/LM clients are being pushed via GPO
    - anonymous participants are allowed in the OCS global settings as well as edge server settings

My domain users are able to schedule and participate in LM conferences hosted on *our* OCS pool. This also works correctly from remote (via edge server in DMZ). Also anonymous remote users, e.g. partners, can join meetings scheduled on *our* OCS anonymously without problems.

Now comes the tricky part:
    Since OCS becomes widely accepted in the business world it happens more often that partner companies have their own OCS environment deployed and want to invite my users (as anonymous participants).
    But what we see is that our users cannot join *externally* hosted Live Meetings. The LM console throws the error "domain authentication fails" which is correct. They are now offered to specify a name to join as anonymous participants. But this fails again with a general error message suggesting network issues.

Tracing and Snooper revealed that the Live Meeting console seems to only try connecting to external conferences via OCS federation once a OCS account is configured in the LM client. The tracing file LiveMeeting-uccp-0.uccplog show errors like "The destination domain of the message resolved by DNS SRV to a server that is not trusted for federation." This error seems to originate from my edge server.

The only workaround I found is to temporarily remove the Sign-in address to join such meetings. But when the GPO mentioned above is in place the sign-in address is grayed out and cannot be removed.

Is it possible to allow OCS-enabled users to join both internally and externally hosted Live Meetings without having to re-configure their LM client all the time?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Christian.

• Moved by Lu Zou-MSFT Monday, March 29, 2010 10:17 AM not Office LiveMeeting Service Problem, move to off-topic (From:Live Meeting - In Meeting Experience, Console and Add-ins)
    Friday, March 26, 2010 2:20 PM

All replies

• not Office LiveMeeting Service Problem, move to off-topic
    Monday, March 29, 2010 10:16 AM