IDFix tool not reporting uPn errors RRS feed

• Question

• We are currently running the IDFix tool to determine any object issues we may have ahead of running our first DirSync.

The on premises domain is domain.prd.int which is a non-routable domain. The IDfix tool is not picking up this error, so how does IDFix determine if the uPn is using a non-routable domain or not and how do I get IDFix to recognise this as an error.

Dan

Wednesday, May 7, 2014 9:26 PM

Answers

• Hi Dan,

I can confirm that the tool does not appear to pick up the domain when using .int

The domain name int is a sponsored top-level domain (sTLD) in the Domain Name System of the Internet. Its name is derived from the word international, characterizing its use for international organizations and treaty-related purposes<sup></sup>

Example: http://www.nato.int/

What your experiencing is by design of the tool, if you feel you need to feedback your view on this you can do by contacting the team via the method mentioned in the documentation attached with the tool under section: 4.2.1

If you have any further questions please be sure to let me know.

Thanks,

James.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 10:38 PM

All replies

• Hi Dan,

I can confirm that the tool does not appear to pick up the domain when using .int

The domain name int is a sponsored top-level domain (sTLD) in the Domain Name System of the Internet. Its name is derived from the word international, characterizing its use for international organizations and treaty-related purposes<sup></sup>

Example: http://www.nato.int/

What your experiencing is by design of the tool, if you feel you need to feedback your view on this you can do by contacting the team via the method mentioned in the documentation attached with the tool under section: 4.2.1

If you have any further questions please be sure to let me know.

Thanks,

James.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 10:38 PM
  • Thanks James. You learn something new every day :-)

Dan

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 10:49 PM