none
MBAM 2.5 SP1 - Moving databases/website to new servers - Database already exists error RRS feed

• Question

• I am moving the MBAM 2.5 SP1 databases to a new server and the website to another server.  I am following the steps exactly in this doc: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-desktop-optimization-pack/mbam-v25/moving-mbam-25-features-to-another-server, yet I'm hung up on the first database move.

1. I made a backup of the Recovery database from the current server.

2. I restored the database on the new server.

3. I installed MBAM Server 2.5 SP1, but did not go through the configuration wizard.

4. I installed the MBAM2.5_X64_Server_KB4340040.exe rollup patch, and then started the configuration wizard.

5. I've entered all the correct information for setting up just the Recovery database piece.

6. It seems that it succeeds, however it says:  Recovery database:  The database already exists.

7. I then close out of the configuration and go back into the MBAM configuration and it only shows Add New Features and not Remove Features, which tells me it did not add the Recovery Database feature.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  I've verified that I'm following the steps in the documentation, yet it's not working.  Any help is appreciated.

Monday, May 13, 2019 3:55 PM

All replies