Office 365 with Federation and how to configure outlook 2010 automatically RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    we have 2 ADFS server and proxies setup to get SSO for O365 available to our users on the local intranet domain. All the connectivity logging-in to O365 with the AD accounts works fine. DirSynch is working correctly.
    We want that users can start Outlook and that it is automatically configured to use O365 mailbox, WITHOUT a user has to type in his name, E-mail address and password (he is already logged in on a domain based pc) The same applies to Lync login.

Via Outook Web Acccess I have captured the xxxPRDxxx name at Microsoft O365. This is the same when an outlook profile is configure using E-mail addres/password. Within Office OCT I enter this name; as the exchange server; but the when starting Outlook it will not lookup servername/username.
    I also used e.g. autodiscover.outlook.com to resolve but this is nog working either. The pc can do a nslookup of autodiscover.outlook.com.
    can anyone tell me what value has to be put into the Outlook Exchange server name entry so that O365 mailbox is resolvable. ?

I also can use a .prf file; but then the same question posup. What is the Exchange server name to be filled in?

Regards
    Peter

Sunday, October 28, 2012 12:35 PM

All replies

• Peter, as this is a direct Exchange question, I would recommend posting this in the O365 Exchange Online forum here: http://community.office365.com/en-us/forums/157/categories.aspx

Using AutoDiscover, and making sure that the URL's for either your local server (if you are using your local infrastructure as authoritative) or the O365 autodiscover URL's you have created are in the Local Intranet section of IE will allow your users to pass credentials/information to O365/Outlook with minimal additional effort for this.  Outlook should be able to pull the user's username/password as well as their email address for pre-population of Outlook's configuration.  AutoDiscover should take the authenticated user's information and populate the rest.

Have a great day,

Dan Trautman

http://insecurityinc.info

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 8:56 PM