none
SharePoint Designer 2013 Unlicensed Product Error RRS feed

• Question

• After installing SharePoint Designer 2013 with SP1 and set to Run all from Computer, the application launched successfully and I was able to navigate to various features.  When I examined Account information it said the product was Activated.  

Upon closure and reboot, when I launch the application it displays a Configuration Progress window and then gives a message "Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2013 configuration did not complete successfully", then a new popup window displays "Microsoft Office can't find your license for this application.  A repair attempt was unsuccessful or was cancelled.  Microsoft Office will now exit" and then closes.

While the window is open there is a message at the top of the window it displays SharePoint Designer (Non-Commercial Use) (Unlicensed Product).

I've checked Compatibility Mode settings and have tried to Run As Administrator without success. 

Further, Uninstall/Reinstall doesn't seem to help overall as the issue returns each time.

I'm unable to get past this issue which is impacting several Developers.

Thursday, July 2, 2020 2:34 PM

Answers

• Issue appears to be related to Office Licensing.  Found entries in the Event Log that show an MSI Installer for Office 64-bit is launched and reconfigures the installed office product.  The configuration fails and the License Activation for 64-bit fails.  Office 32-bit is installed.  Opened a support ticket with Microsoft for assistance.

• Marked as answer by currcmpsvc Thursday, July 16, 2020 3:36 PM
    Thursday, July 16, 2020 3:36 PM

All replies

• Hello,

This could be the Windows service Software Protection is set to be delayed start. Please try to restarting/starting SOFTWARE PROTECTION service. Check if it works.

Also you could try to repair the SharePoint Designer 13 in control panel-> programm.

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, July 3, 2020 9:13 AM
  • The service is set to delayed start and was Stopped.  It is currently controlled by a GPO but I started the service and it did not fix the SharePoint Designer issue.  Still getting the same error message.

I looked in the Event Viewer and found that an MSIInstaller operation was kicked off.  Interesting part is that it's running pieces for Microsoft Office 64-bit.  The office install is 32-bit and so is SharePoint Designer.
    • Edited by currcmpsvc Wednesday, July 8, 2020 8:57 PM
    Wednesday, July 8, 2020 8:44 PM
  • Hello,

For your scenario, I would suggest you open a ticket with Microsoft to have a dedicated Technical Professional to support you from there.

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, July 9, 2020 8:07 AM
  • Issue appears to be related to Office Licensing.  Found entries in the Event Log that show an MSI Installer for Office 64-bit is launched and reconfigures the installed office product.  The configuration fails and the License Activation for 64-bit fails.  Office 32-bit is installed.  Opened a support ticket with Microsoft for assistance.

• Marked as answer by currcmpsvc Thursday, July 16, 2020 3:36 PM
    Thursday, July 16, 2020 3:36 PM