Microsoft RDP with container as jump host RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

Docker for Desktop is running on my MAC PC

I have a docker container which has the VPN running with port 22 on container exposed to host PC as 40022, so I could SSH to the hosts on the VPN network using the container as jump host.

I also have the requirement to access the remote desktop running on the host over VPN network, for this I have also exposed both the ports 3389, 5901 on container as 40023 and 40024 respectively.

Now I tried to access a Windows PC using the Microsoft Remote Desktop application with Gateway set as localhost:40023 or 40024 but not possible.

However I can access the remote desktop when connected to VPN directly (without container as gateway) on my MAC PC

Please let us know if there is a way we can achieve this with container as the jump host ?

Thanks,
    Rajesh Badveti

Wednesday, July 22, 2020 10:20 AM

All replies

• Hi,

We noticed that you could access the remote desktop when connected to VPN directly. So, there should be no issue with the RDS service.

In that case, we suggest you could post your question to below link, where experts who are familiar with Docker may provide some advice on your requirement.

https://github.com/docker/for-win/issues

This "Remote Desktop Client" Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details

Thanks,

Eleven

"Remote Desktop Client" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A!

We invite you to post new questions in the "Remote Desktop Client"  forum's new home on Microsoft Q&A!

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

• Edited by Elevenyh Thursday, July 23, 2020 2:59 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Elevenyh Tuesday, July 28, 2020 6:13 AM
    Thursday, July 23, 2020 2:58 AM
  • Hi,

Please feel free to let us know if further assistance is required.

Or you could mark the reply as answer if no more follow up is needed.

This "Remote Desktop Client" Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details

Thanks,

Eleven

"Remote Desktop Client" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A!

We invite you to post new questions in the "Remote Desktop Client"  forum's new home on Microsoft Q&A!

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.
    • Edited by Elevenyh Friday, July 24, 2020 1:41 AM
    Friday, July 24, 2020 1:40 AM