none
Client Stuck At Downloading 0% RRS feed

• Question

• I have an application that is stuck at "Downloading 0%" in the Software Center. I have a boundary group setup with a couple boundaries in it. The client is within these boundaries. I have that boundary group associated with my only distribution point. That distribution point is in a different boundary though. Should that matter as long as it is associated with the boundary group?

The content is distributed to the DP. The ContentTransferManager.log shows the message

"<![LOG[CCTMJob::UpdateLocations - Received empty location update for CTM Job"

"<![LOG[CTM job {788BA849-8AA7-49D9-AF5B-4ED1B05C183A} suspended"

The boundaries must be okay because I was able to install the client from the console on these computers.

What could be the issue?

• Edited by Matt MS Friday, August 31, 2012 3:49 PM
    Friday, August 31, 2012 3:49 PM

All replies

• This can be a symptom of the package not having been deployed to a DP in the boundary. Check your distmgr.log and monitoring nodes in the admin console to ensure there were no problems deploying the package to a DP in the client's boundary.
    • Proposed as answer by SOL Guy Wednesday, November 16, 2016 8:35 PM
    Friday, August 31, 2012 9:31 PM
  • hey Matt,

Did you go through this post yet? http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/configmanagerapps/thread/8031c9a8-3ba1-4e30-a4a6-cc2332585e70

I sugges to first go through it.

Thanks,

Moiz

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 12:46 AM
  • Hi,

Have faced the similar issue and checked the "DataTransferService" log file on client system, and found there was Error 0x80072f8f in the log file which is related to security.

Enabled "Allow clients to connect anonymously" in DP properties>General tab and restarted the SMS agent service on client system, after that download started in software center.

Regards,

Manzoor

Monday, September 23, 2019 2:04 PM