none
OSD deployment does not work any more. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, we have SCCM 1902 with latest updates installed. Last week I did update latest Windows ADK and PE add.on for the ADK. Redistributed the new boot images and added Windows 10 1903 image to SCCM and add it to the OSD task sequence that I have been using quit some time with earlier Windows versions.
    Now when I try to install a computer with PXE the Computer boots from network, downloads the boot image and when it starts the window sayin initialisin PE... the computer just restarts.
    I have removed the PXE completly from DP and crated again and redistribute everyting, but no help.

No obvious reason seen in smspxe.log

Any idea what might cause this issue?

Wednesday, July 24, 2019 11:37 AM

All replies

• Have you added the necessary network drivers to the boot image?

Have you dropped to the command-prompt in WinPE before the reboot to check whether network connectivity exists and that a proper network driver is loaded?

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Wednesday, July 24, 2019 1:33 PM
  • Ensure you have correct network drivers in the boot image and examine smsts.log for any error.
    Wednesday, July 24, 2019 1:38 PM
  • Hi Ari_L,

1.Please help check if the boot image version and the OS version are all 10.1.18362.1 (1903) and if there is a version mismatch. 

2.Please add the latest NIC driver and disk driver to have a try. If possible, please share the smspxe.log and smsts.log for further troubleshooting.

Thanks and regards,
    Simon Ren

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 25, 2019 8:15 AM