Scom 2012 - Reporting Services Install Fails RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Running a SCOM environment that is fully functional apart from reporting. We are now trying to add this as an additional feature. The management server was installed as an RC then upgraded to RTM.

The problem I am having is the reporting installer keeps rolling back with the below error.

Error 1:
    Found error in 2|Microsoft.SystemCenter.Reports.Deployment/31bf3856ad364e35|7.0.8560.0|Microsoft.SystemCenter.Reports.Deployment|| with message:
    Could not load management pack <ID=Microsoft.SystemCenter.DataWarehouse.Internal, KeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, Version=7.0.8560.0>. The management pack was not found in the store.
    : Version mismatch. The management pack (<Microsoft.SystemCenter.DataWarehouse.Internal, 31bf3856ad364e35, 7.0.8443.0>) requested from the database was version 7.0.8560.0 but the actual version available is 7.0.8443.0.

My question is:
    Where does one find a copy of Microsoft.SystemCenter.DataWarehouse.Internal.mp (7.0.8560.0)
    I have downloaded the latest media from the MS website and I still recieve the below error.

Thankyou,
     Alfred

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 11:24 AM

Answers

• Fixed!

I had updated to CU3 but the installed managment packs had not been updated. I imported latest MP's manually and reporting services installed successfully.

Thankyou for everyones help.
    Thursday, November 8, 2012 12:59 AM

All replies

• This blogpost describes your issue and the location where to find the management pack.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/operationsmgr/archive/2010/12/15/solution-an-exception-is-thrown-while-importing-the-red-hat-linux-management-pack-for-operations-manager-2007.aspx

If you need more info please do not hesitate to reply.

It's doing common things uncommonly well that brings succes.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 12:20 PM
  • If you did not update with CU3, then look for this file on the extracted iso image from the Opsmgr media, under the ManagementPacks folder.

If you did update to CU3 then the file will be located in the Program Files\System Center 2012\Operations Manager\Server\Management Packs Update Rollups\ folder.

But it looks like you need to dig it up from the install media.

Hope this helps!

Scott Moss MVP (Operations Manager) President - System Center Virtual Users Group |Vice President - Atlanta Southeast Management Users Group (ATL SMUG)
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you!
    my new blog om2012.wordpress.com

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 4:47 AM
  • Fixed!

I had updated to CU3 but the installed managment packs had not been updated. I imported latest MP's manually and reporting services installed successfully.

Thankyou for everyones help.
    Thursday, November 8, 2012 12:59 AM
  • Thanks, this helped me during SCOM 2019 upgrade from SCOM 1807.

Regards, Suresh

Monday, March 30, 2020 4:39 AM