Can i use PBIX file (files created using power bi desktop) as data source for extract or report RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There --

One of my bosses is wondering if we can use .pbix file that houses all my data with model created using power bi desktop as data source?

We are evaluating one dashboarding tool sisense which provides ability to query elasticube (their version of data with model) stored as file through ODBC.

I am aware the power bi desktop currently allows only to publish dashboard on either power bi cloud or pyramid server. However, the articles I have been reading suggest that once power bi is released as part of SQL Server 2016. There will be an option to house the dashboard on a intranet web application (part of reporting services??). Therefore, we tend to think if Microsoft provides an option to use PBIX files as data source to query optimized data (since power bi is very fast when it comes to filter or slice data on millions of record), it will be equally efficient to pull data out of it as extract. (Honestly, I don't think it is good idea to use a application of purposes other than what is it intended for).

Nehal Jain

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 8:50 PM

Answers

All replies