none
Deploy ADR as Available not required RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have 1902 SCCM server which used mainly for patching, for servers we need to deploy updates as available not required and each server admin install updates manually.

As a Workaround i set the ADR to targed empty collection and Create anew deployment on software group with deployment type available. However this workaround have 2 Limitations 

-I can't set the ADR to create a new Software update group each time it run.

- I can't Set updates Available time [for example set the updates to be available for client after 7 days.]

So is there is any way to overcome these limitations?

• Moved by Garth JonesMVP Wednesday, June 19, 2019 11:43 AM cmcb question
    Wednesday, June 19, 2019 10:56 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Use scripts.

#Get the latest software update group created by ADR. All their name start with the ADR name, put your ADR name with the "-match" parameter.
    $group = Get-CMSoftwareUpdategroup | Where-Object localizeddisplayname -Match "ADRName*" | Sort-Object -Property DateCreated -Descending | Select-Object -First 1

#Set the available time which is 7 days later.
    $time = (Get-Date).AddDays(7)

#Deploy the update group to the specific collection as Available type.
    New-CMSoftwareUpdateDeployment -InputObject $group -CollectionName <CollectionName> -AvailableDateTime $time -DeploymentType Available 

This is just an example, we could find detailed parameters of New-CMSoftwareUpdateDeployment here.

We could add it to a scheduled task which should run behind the ADR.

Hope my answer could help you and look forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,
    Ray

Please remembers to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by CSE505 Sunday, June 23, 2019 12:43 PM
    Thursday, June 20, 2019 12:43 PM

All replies

• No, not directly but you have two choices here:

- Set the deadline for the applicable deployment(s) to 12 months out.

- Reuse the same update group every month (which I strongly encourage) and then create a one-time available deployment on the update group.

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 12:22 PM
  • Hello,

Use scripts.

#Get the latest software update group created by ADR. All their name start with the ADR name, put your ADR name with the "-match" parameter.
    $group = Get-CMSoftwareUpdategroup | Where-Object localizeddisplayname -Match "ADRName*" | Sort-Object -Property DateCreated -Descending | Select-Object -First 1

#Set the available time which is 7 days later.
    $time = (Get-Date).AddDays(7)

#Deploy the update group to the specific collection as Available type.
    New-CMSoftwareUpdateDeployment -InputObject $group -CollectionName <CollectionName> -AvailableDateTime $time -DeploymentType Available 

This is just an example, we could find detailed parameters of New-CMSoftwareUpdateDeployment here.

We could add it to a scheduled task which should run behind the ADR.

Hope my answer could help you and look forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,
    Ray

Please remembers to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by CSE505 Sunday, June 23, 2019 12:43 PM
    Thursday, June 20, 2019 12:43 PM