none
Get operation of SCVMM using SPF query virtual machines fails if VM's LastrestoredcheckpointId property is null. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

We have SCVMM 2012 R2, SPF R2 set up in our environment.

Everything was working fine with SPF until we faced the below error recently.

"Unable to construct the property LastRestoredCheckpointId from the object returned from the cmdlet. Cause: Unable to convert from .NET Framework type System.String, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 to type System.Nullable`1[[System.Guid, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]], mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089.. An error occured while processing your request"

After some investigation we found that some of vms are in creation failed state or customization failed state .So these vms didnt have the LastRestoredCheckpointId property set.

If I repair the vm, then the LastRestoredCheckpointId  value is set

But My question is ......

How can we overcome this issue? or is there any workaround??

any one faced similar issues with SPF??

Thanks,

Kalaivani

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 12:35 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

When I further investigated this SPF Issue, I found that there is another problem 

If we manage vmware ESX virtual machines through VMM, and if we create snapshots for ESX VMs , the property lastrestoredcheckpointid is appended with '*snapshot-randomno**' as below

423426d8-8326-4684-dfa0-b93fca8fccf0*snapshot-191

Due to this also the SPF query for getting vms fails 

Any Idea why while creating snapshots for ESX vms generate this additional value for the lastrestoredcheckpointid property????

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 8:52 AM
  • I know the post is 2 years old, but I have exactly the same issue, did you find any solution?

Thanks

Thursday, November 3, 2016 2:16 PM