none
Email Notification for Activity RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to create an email notification for a manual activity. 

Monitor Object - Get Parent CR - Get Parent CR Properties - Send Email Message

The problem is that I am getting multiple emails for each activity. I have tried flattening the data and junctions with no success. 

Any Suggestions?

Thank you, Peter

Monday, September 9, 2019 5:45 PM

Answers

• Hello Peter,

You need to flatten the runbook activity that produces multiple results, basically if a runbook activity has multiple results, the next activities are triggered for each if they fit to the link condition.

A junction should work, but it depends where you have placed it, if there's a runbook activity after the junction that produces multiple results, then your runbook will still produce multiple emails.

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

• Proposed as answer by Andreas BaumgartenMVP Tuesday, September 10, 2019 8:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by wccppa1 Wednesday, September 11, 2019 7:49 PM
    Monday, September 9, 2019 6:20 PM

All replies

• Hello Peter,

You need to flatten the runbook activity that produces multiple results, basically if a runbook activity has multiple results, the next activities are triggered for each if they fit to the link condition.

A junction should work, but it depends where you have placed it, if there's a runbook activity after the junction that produces multiple results, then your runbook will still produce multiple emails.

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

• Proposed as answer by Andreas BaumgartenMVP Tuesday, September 10, 2019 8:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by wccppa1 Wednesday, September 11, 2019 7:49 PM
    Monday, September 9, 2019 6:20 PM
  • Thank you, your comment prompted me to review my runbook and I found the problem. Thank you.
    Wednesday, September 11, 2019 7:49 PM