SCCM 2002 & Bitlocker OSD Error 0x803d0013 & Event ID 102 Null RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

We have not looked into bitlocker before but would like to start encrypting our laptops.  There is SCCM 2002 already in place and configured for PKI.  I've added the bitlocker feature to SCCM and packaged up the MBAM deployment scripts.

During the task sequence it's coming up with 0x0000001 during the powershell command phase.  Running this manually from F8 it's showing 0x803d0013.

The event logs on the SCCM server / MBAM has this:

An error occurred while adding volume information to the Recovery database.

Details:
    Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'RecoveryKey', table 'CM_LC1.dbo.RecoveryAndHardwareCore_Keys'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.

For more information go to: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=526511

any ideas?

Friday, July 31, 2020 4:19 PM

Answers

• In case anyone has the same error, I managed to work out what it was.  MS really needs to sort out their error codes.  This was nothing to do with a NULL value (obviously as the key was getting back to AD).

I managed to resolve it by creating an SCCM bitlocker policy and assigning it to an empty collection.

Now I can image machines without the error, and the key gets back to both AD and the SCCM DB.

In troubleshooting, I deleted the policy and the error comes back.

No idea why it works, but it does.

• Edited by GlenHarrison Thursday, August 6, 2020 5:39 PM
    • Marked as answer by GlenHarrison Wednesday, August 12, 2020 9:41 AM
    Thursday, August 6, 2020 5:38 PM

All replies

• any ideas?  I've researched all over the internet and seems nobody else has ever got this error.  Does it actually work with Windows 10 v2002?
    Wednesday, August 5, 2020 9:07 AM
  • In case anyone has the same error, I managed to work out what it was.  MS really needs to sort out their error codes.  This was nothing to do with a NULL value (obviously as the key was getting back to AD).

I managed to resolve it by creating an SCCM bitlocker policy and assigning it to an empty collection.

Now I can image machines without the error, and the key gets back to both AD and the SCCM DB.

In troubleshooting, I deleted the policy and the error comes back.

No idea why it works, but it does.

• Edited by GlenHarrison Thursday, August 6, 2020 5:39 PM
    • Marked as answer by GlenHarrison Wednesday, August 12, 2020 9:41 AM
    Thursday, August 6, 2020 5:38 PM