none
AS2: Inbound MDN not formatted correctly: response not multipart RRS feed

• Question

• My trading partner sent me a file, but on their side, they get an error: 

"Inbound MDN not formatted correctly: response not multipart". 

What do I change on my side (BizTalk 2013) to correct?  I don't see any multipart option. 

I'm using Async settings on the Vendor-->Us tab: 

Thanks,
    Neal Walters 

Thursday, May 30, 2019 8:21 PM

All replies

• Is it going through the AS2 Encoder?
    Friday, May 31, 2019 12:13 PM
  • Not sure I even understand the question. 

We have a send port sp_Vendor_VendorName_FilesToSendToAS2 that uses the AS2 send pipeline (which I think maybe what you mean by encoder?).  That's used when we send files to vendor.  When vendor sends files to us, we have a receive port/location: rl_Vendor_VendorNamenToUs_AS2 and it uses the AS2 receive pipeline. 

The MDN is sent ASync, so where would the encoder fit in?  This is the same as we do it for other vendors. 
    Could it be this vendor needs something "special" or different from the others? 

Thanks,

Neal 

Friday, May 31, 2019 6:11 PM
  • Here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/biztalk/core/generating-an-outgoing-mdn

it says: 

"If the MDN is to be transmitted asynchronously, the receive pipeline routes the MDN to the MessageBox. You must set up a send port to subscribe to the MDN, setting the send port filter to IsAS2AsynchronousMdn==True. The AS2Send send pipeline picks up the message based upon that property and the correlation tokens. If the send port is dynamic, it will route the MDN based to the address in the Receipt-Delivery-Notification line in the header of the message. If the send port is static, it will route the message based upon Transport URI property of the send port."

I'm going to try that (i.e. creating one Dynamic Port that we can use for all vendors). 
    Hoping it won't mess up, or may improve the existing AS2.  Some of them have given us double files as I posted in this issue: 
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/09f73e6c-7360-478c-99c7-aa203b5cfc77/as2-getting-two-files-for-everyone-sent-second-is-zero-in-size?forum=biztalkediandas2

Neal 

Friday, May 31, 2019 7:04 PM
  • That seems to solve the multi-part issue.  Which is the better practice to create one dynamic AS2/MDN port for all vendors, or a separate static port for each?  

Neal 

Friday, May 31, 2019 7:37 PM