Forefront managed computers RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody!

I just wanted to know if there was a way to get a report on the PC's the forefront reflects as "managed". It's a simple report, and I know that I could use MOM to see those PC's but the thing is that under "Agent-managed computers" 537 PC's appear as reporting, but under FCS only 528 PC's are reporting. There shouldn't be any difference. If anyone knows about this, I would appreciate it!

thanks

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 6:57 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for the update.

“Not a summary. That way I can compare between both lists and see which PC's are missing from the FCS dashboard.”- so you can open Deployment Summary, then move to Antimalware Engine Deployment Status, you will find all the computers that have installed Antimalware engine. Comparing with MOM console, then you will find the missing PCs.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Monday, September 27, 2010 7:08 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for the post.

Could you let me know how many computers are going to be managed by FCS in customer side? Is the total number 528 or more than it?  Pick up one computer which is displayed in MOM adminstrator console, but not in FCS dashboard. Then go to this computer and check if Forefront client service and MOM service are deployed on the box.

There is another reason that “disappear PC” have installed Forefront Client Security Agents, but they don’t send the heartbeat to Forefront server over 30 days. As a result, they will not be showed in FCS dashboard.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Thursday, September 23, 2010 8:26 AM
  • Hello and thanks for the reply!

I don't know what you mean by "how many computers are going to be managed by FCS...". I could pick one computer in MOM administrator, but the thing is how do I "see" it on FCS dashboard. There's no way to check one computer. There are only specific reports.

I know PC's can dissappear after 30 days, but it hasn't been the case, since I've only been deploying for a few days and I have differences in quantities already.

Is there any way to get a report of those 528 PC's that appear in FCS dashboard????

thanks again!

Thursday, September 23, 2010 7:34 PM
  • Hi,

"how many computers are going to be managed by FCS..."-I just want to know the total number of the computers that you have deployed and install MOM agent.

“Is there any way to get a report of those 528 PC's that appear in FCS dashboard?”/“how do I "see" it on FCS dashboard”- yes, you can view the computer from the  summary reports. If you find “disappear pc”, check if Forefront client service and MOM service are deployed on the box.

Before that, I want to know if there are machines listed on the Pending Action. If have, how many machines are in this mode? Is it close to the difference between
    machines in MOM and the number managed by Forefront?

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Friday, September 24, 2010 7:34 AM
  • Hello!

The totalof PC's I have deployed is 538, hence the different quantities in FCS dashboard and MOM list. The report I'm looking for is for looking at the grand total of 528 PC's. Not a summary. That way I can compare between both lists and see whicc PC's are missing from the FCS dashboard.

No machines are in Pending Actions in MOM. I made sure of this.

Thanks

Friday, September 24, 2010 2:52 PM
  • Hi,

“Not a summary. That way I can compare between both lists and see which PC's are missing from the FCS dashboard.”- so you can open Deployment Summary, then move to Antimalware Engine Deployment Status, you will find all the computers that have installed Antimalware engine. Comparing with MOM console, then you will find the missing PCs.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Monday, September 27, 2010 7:08 AM