none
Surface Pro Dock & External Hard Drive Workflow RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all! I own a Surface Pro (2018)

I was contemplating on buying a surface pro dock, mainly to have some external hard drives hooked up and a display, etc. However... I was wondering what a typical workflow would be like if I got one. I have several projects I work on through an external hard drive since the internal drive isn't that big (I have the 256gb model). and I also have a display I have connected to the mini display port.

I was wondering if there would be an issue in just disconnecting the dock when I have to take it out of the dock. the dock is currently magnetic, so if I were to accidentally pull it out, it'd obviously disconnect the hard drives improperly. Would I have to safely remove the hard drive each time I want to disconnect the dock? I currently work with 2 hard drives. 

I guess it's an obvious answer but I was just wondering if there was a decent workflow in using the dock and external hard drives. if I have to remove it manually every time I disconnect the dock, then in my opinion, it wouldn't really be worth it. Thoughts..?

Sunday, October 6, 2019 5:25 PM