WDS integration problems RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I hope someone can resolve the issue as I am setting up Windows Deployment Server for the first time on Windows Server 2019 WDS works as a standalone with no issues at work. When I integrate it with AD DS it stop working :(

I have read about DHCP options and tried the solutions but nothing is working. The network is all on the same ip range and subnet, the dhcp server is on a different machine to the wds. Can anyone proved my a solution to the problem any help would be much appreciated

Friday, June 12, 2020 12:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

On the Install options page, choose Integrated with Active Directory.

On the Remote Installation Folder Locations page, choose the default path or enter your own path to the remote installation folder. Click Next.

If your server is running as a DHCP Server, you will see the Proxy DHCP Server page. Select Do not listen on DHCP and DHCPv6 ports and Configure DHCP options for Proxy DHCP. Click Next.

On the PXE Server Initial Settings page, choose desired option to define which client computers this server will respond to. Click Next. This will complete the configuration of Windows Deployment Services.

Detailed steps here:

https://newhelptech.wordpress.com/2017/07/13/step-by-step-how-to-windows-deployment-services-wds-in-windows-server-2016/

Please note: Information posted in the given link is hosted by a third party. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy and effectiveness of information.

Regards

"Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Monday, June 15, 2020 1:47 AM