none
Surface Pen Disconnecting Periodically RRS feed

• Question

• I have an end user that works with a Surface Pro 4. Typically, the surface pen works great but occasionally the surface pen tip will not work at all but yet the eraser/button works fine. Rebooting will fix the problem but only for a week then it will quit working so we have to reboot again. This obviously isn't detrimental but it is annoying when every time they need to have a client sign a document via surface pen then they usually need to reboot the surface quick. I have followed many different troubleshooting steps. I removed the pen from Bluetooth devices, shut off bluetooth, rebooted, turned on blueooth and reconnected the pen but a week later it would stop again. I uninstalled and reinstalled drivers for both the pen and the HID-Compliant Touch Screen but had no affect. I updated the surface and all drivers but had no affect. Disabling the driver and re-enabling. The list goes on. 

Is my only option at this point to reset the surface and setup it up again, set up a new fresh surface for the end user or does someone have another idea?

Thank you

Shane Loken

Friday, July 19, 2019 8:48 PM